Author Topic: medieval archer painting/image sources  (Read 3923 times)

Offline Peter-t123

medieval archer painting/image sources
« on: November 19, 2011, 09:41:59 am »
Hi, i was just wondering if anyone has any pictures of medieval paintings, tapestries/anything else depicting war archers. I've seen a few really good ones on the web but i can only seem to find a couple here and there, but looking at posts on this forum it seems that some people have studied them and have them saved on their pcs. i would be grateful if if anyone has any images they could post them, unless ofc they are copyright protected etc.

Cheers, Peter

Offline Scowler

Re: medieval archer painting/image sources
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2011, 09:58:12 am »
Don't have any pictures to post (sorry) but have you checked out the book Longbow by Robert Hardy?  It has some pictures of Medieval archers in it.

Offline uwe

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2011, 10:05:22 am »
There is "The English Longbow man" bei "Ospreys". I have a book which shos the complete the complete tapestry of Bayeux. But the bows stitched to it are no longbows- half the size of the bowyer. But if you see all the small items on the tapestry, you will get the idea of couldn `t it be correct, too? If any interest of it, let me know and I`ll take some scans.
Regards Uwe

Offline dantolin

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2011, 02:01:30 pm »
the british library has a search of images...just with "bow" you'll find some good pics from medieval books
Hope that it heelps,
David

Offline Peter-t123

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2011, 02:24:25 pm »
cheers for everyones replies so far, i'll take you advice.

Peter