Author Topic: SUCKA'!  (Read 4065 times)

Offline fishfinder401

• noel laflamme noellaf2@cox.net
Re: SUCKA'!
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2012, 02:51:18 pm »
i would have done it for a stave, although i do get enjoyment out of splitting wood ::)

Never split hedge evidentally Noel?
no, i have ;D
warbows and fishing, what else is there to do?
modern technology only takes you so far, remove electricity and then what

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2012, 02:57:09 pm »
Your just crazy, thats all!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2012, 02:59:24 pm »
Yes Sir,

Them Are some purty Logs there, but that Trailer is SWEET!  :)

-gus

Thats the ol' band trailer Gus. That thing has been around the state a few times, (still going). And it hauled 6-8 logs home from Indy. I paid $900 for it and Im thinking it has paid me back many times over already! She is a beaut.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Lee Slikkers

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2012, 03:09:32 pm »
Price is right PD but I am too much of a control freak to let anyone else split my wood...might be missing a good piece of character than a "normal" guy might try to split out of the staves  >:D
~ Lee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
— Aldo Leopold
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2012, 03:53:07 pm »
Lee I have a pile of hedge staves to the ceiling, tired shoulders and a willing kid. I couldnt say no man! I started all the splits for him. He was mostly a hammer swinger. The kid has 3-4 whitewood bows now, but no osage. I told him he had to earn a yellwo bow.

Offline Gus

• It's Time To Make Some Shavings!
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2012, 04:38:18 pm »
Now That is the way to do it...
In my book, in any event... Make the young'uns earn it, then they will appreciate it more... or at all.  :)

Lets get the band back together!
Meet ya at Bob's Country Bunker!

8)

-gus 
"I taught him archery everyday, and when he got good at it he throw an arrow at me."

Conroe, TX

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2012, 05:17:37 pm »
He earns any and all archery gifts from me, he knows the rules! I shouldnt have said ol' band trailer, its old but still very used. I wont stop playing until my body quits.......thats about the only thing that would stop me. Love my drums.

Offline fishfinder401

• noel laflamme noellaf2@cox.net
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2012, 09:03:06 pm »
Now That is the way to do it...
In my book, in any event... Make the young'uns earn it, then they will appreciate it more... or at all.  :)

Lets get the band back together!
Meet ya at Bob's Country Bunker!

8)

-gus
i defiantly have to agree with you on that, i like gifts and because they are gifts they are special, but there is a certain pride along with the lessons learned that come from earning your own stuff
warbows and fishing, what else is there to do?
modern technology only takes you so far, remove electricity and then what

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2012, 12:07:50 am »
Drums:  Me and the little woman are still laughing at your opening comment and pic.  It is just, way too funny!  Crack open a beer for him and send him back out there.  It worked for me.  I've been splitting too.  You just gotta drink yourself numb.
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

blackhawk

« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2012, 12:19:13 am »
  You just gotta drink yourself numb.

If I did that id go dumb,not numb :laugh: