Author Topic: indian paints /secrets we know on woods  (Read 7887 times)

Offline skinU

Re: indian paints /secrets we know on woods
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2012, 12:55:52 pm »
THANKS FOLKS I'M BACK AND WILL PICK UP WHERE I LEFT OFF HAD TO GET ALL MY ELDERS PERMISSION TO CONTINUE. PAINTS AND PIGMENTS ARE A VERY HIGHLY REGARDED ITEM IN MOST ALL NATIVE CULTURES IN THE AMERICAS AND THRU OUT THE WORLD. TO HAVE THE ABILITY TO MAKE ONE COLOR IS ALOT OF WORK WHEN DONE IN MY BLACKFOOT WAY,IT INVOLVES FASTING ,SWEATING, AND VERY DEEP KNOWLEDGE OF THE NATURAL WORLD.

Offline skinU

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2012, 01:20:46 pm »
THAT WAS STRANGE WAS JUST BOOTED FROM MY POST SO I'LL TAKE OFF AGAIN. MOST USE 7 COLORS WITH OTHERS ADDED . I WILL CLASSIFY THEM INTO 3 CATAGORIES ,ANIMAL,VEGTABLE,AND MINERAL. THE COLORS HAVE A MEANING WHEN USED ALONE EXAMPLE; THE DIRECTIONS RED IS WEST BLUE IS NORTH YELLOW IS EAST AND GREEN IS SOUTH. WHEN COMBINED THEY INDICATE PLACES EVENTS AND/OR ANIMALS. 1ST I MUST SAY THAT WHAT HAS TAKEN ME 40 YEARS AND COUNTING CAN NEVER BE TOTALLY PUT DOWN IN A FEW POSTS. THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN WORKING WITH PAINTS OR MORE PROPERLY PIGMENTS IS GLUE, ONLY A NATURAL GLUE WILL WORK ON NATURAL MATERIALS NOTHING ELSE WILL AND THERE ARE LOTS OF TYPES FOR YOUR VARIOUS PROJECTS BUT AGAIN ITS ALL NATURAL MATS. AS YOU CAN TELL BY NOW I'M NOT A TYPER SO DRAG ALONG . MANY PEOPLE CLAIM TO MAKE PAINT BUT 99 PLUS% DONT ,PROPERLY MADE IT WILL LAST ALMOST FOREVER AND WILL NEVER Fade, OR WILL THE GLUE EVER FLAKE OR YELLOW. NO INDIAN OR SKIN WOULD EVER PAINT A BOW OR ANYTHING WITH STORE BOUGHT PAINT, ONCE YOU APPLY IT AND SEE IT YOU'LL EASILY UNDERSTAND WHY IT HAS A SPIRIT. IF YOUR INTERESTED ABOUT THIS REPLY TO ME ON WHAT YOUD LIKE TO HAVE COVERED AS THIS COULD EASILY BECOME A 1000 PAGE BOOK. IF I CAN GET A CAMERA I HOPE TO LEARD TO ADD PICS AS I GO ALONG WILL START TAKING PEPLIES AND WE WILL GO FROM THERE...DA SKIN

Offline Gus

• It's Time To Make Some Shavings!
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2012, 02:30:20 pm »
Thank You for the knowledge of your people.
I would be happy with what you choose to share.

-gus
"I taught him archery everyday, and when he got good at it he throw an arrow at me."

Conroe, TX

Offline jwarwick

• Paying Advertiser to PA... StavePress
    • StavePress
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2012, 03:47:43 pm »
Bring it on when you can, Skinu.
Even though 99.9999% of us reading this don't share your blood, I want you to know we share your passion for these subjects.
Thanks for the information.

regards, Jon
Buy a good piece of land and put your heart into it.

Offline upthecreek

« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2012, 08:14:36 pm »
This is beyond your stated scope but do you know and can you share the origin of the name "Blackfoot". I look forward to your continued posts.
Mike

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2012, 08:33:18 pm »
I agree continue please :) and thanks

Josh
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Josh Vance  Netarts OR. (Tillamook)

Offline sadiejane

« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2012, 09:04:03 pm »
thanks skinU for offering yr knowledge.
there are many here who would be honored to hear yr words.
i know i am.
peace
wild women don't get the blues

Offline skinU

« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2012, 01:46:47 pm »
lets go kids while i got net. its hard to explain some things and am tryin to get a camera to get pics posted. 1st decide what is important in life to you ...not the tv or video games but things like health ,family kids ,a home ,then put it down so your decoration is not just that,on a bow its things that are significant like the area or people on the hunt or the food you plan to acquire or what inspires you to live with happiness and harmony. the designs are to repersent these things and use 4 colors thats where i will start .the 4 are red,yellow,green and blue. red will be a leeched out yellow that will be baked in a controled 18'' deep hole in soft ground using decayed wood and after 10-12 hours will become red the heat will burn out any roots grasses leaves ect. i make a softball size mudball and if it comes out correctly for you thats a 5 life time supply,but....dont ever take more than you need and leave a offering of tobacco or something of meaning to you !!!!!it should be a dark 'indian" red ocher as people call it. when it cools try to scape the out side off and the inner will be all red and then crush it as fine as you can, its important that you know your areas and laws as the most dangerous thing out there is land owners.

Offline Elktracker

• Josh
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2012, 02:04:52 pm »
skinu if you need help posting pictures e mail them to me ill help ya out

mandoman1540@hotmail.com

Josh
my friends think my shops a mess, my wife thinks I have too much bow wood, my neighbors think im redneck white trash and they may all be right on the money!!

Josh Vance  Netarts OR. (Tillamook)