Author Topic: Arrows from the middle of the sea.  (Read 2079 times)

Offline Bitterguy

Arrows from the middle of the sea.
« on: January 09, 2012, 07:38:36 pm »
I got seabass's shipment of shafts today! 13 cedar, 4 cane, some nocks, and some glue! Will start working on them here shortly.

Repetition is key.
Repetition is key.
Repetition is key.
Repetition is key.
If you're not getting better, you're getting worse.

Offline bubby

Re: Arrows from the middle of the sea.
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 07:46:38 pm »
look's like your set, get to building them, post pick's and make shure you have fun doing it :laugh:, Bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Bevan R.

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2012, 07:55:02 pm »
Take your time, do not rush. 8)
Bowmakers are a little bent, but knappers are just plain flaky.

Offline seabass

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2012, 09:37:41 pm »
i am glad you got them buddy.i sent you a few cane to play with.do a little searching on you tube or the how to section and i'm sure you will find info on straightening them.i hope you have alot of fun and enjoy yourself.if you hit a snag,send me a pm and i will help you all i can.can't wait to see the pics,Steve
Middletown,Ohio

Offline Bitterguy

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2012, 07:32:28 pm »
Alright I got enough feathers for 7 arrows and enough nocks for 2 dozen now haha. I plan to start something this weekend, its just i don't know were to start.
Repetition is key.
Repetition is key.
Repetition is key.
Repetition is key.

Offline seabass

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2012, 07:51:08 pm »
get yourself a cheap pencil sharpener style taper tool.cut them to the length you want.glue on your nocks.get a fleatching jig and glue on your feathers.glue on your points and you are done.there is tons of useful info on here and you tube.those shafts i sent you already are sealed so you can skip that step.go slow,do a little research and have fun with it.if you hit a snag,shoot me a pm and i will be glad to help you.good luck,Steve  Ps.get a three rivers archery catalogue.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline Bitterguy

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2012, 09:36:53 pm »
get yourself a cheap pencil sharpener style taper tool.cut them to the length you want.glue on your nocks.get a fleatching jig and glue on your feathers.glue on your points and you are done.there is tons of useful info on here and you tube.those shafts i sent you already are sealed so you can skip that step.go slow,do a little research and have fun with it.if you hit a snag,shoot me a pm and i will be glad to help you.good luck,Steve  Ps.get a three rivers archery catalogue.
http://www.3RiversArchery.com/Product.asp?show=rate&c=52&s=8&p=42&i=4081X#full
I found that one and a 5% coupon. Anyone have any expiernce with this jig? I really dont want to mess up seabass' shafts or pearl's feathers
Repetition is key.
Repetition is key.
Repetition is key.
Repetition is key.

Offline seabass

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2012, 06:14:35 pm »
that jig works just fine.i had one for a long time but i gave it to hillbilly61.i now use a bitz.you can't beat the bitz,but they are expensive.the jig you are trying to get will work very good for you.make sure you get the one that will work for your feathers.i don't know which wing Pearl sent you.they will be right or left wing.i am sure if you get with Pearl he will let you know which wing he sent you.this makes a difference.ttyl,Steve
Middletown,Ohio