Author Topic: more fun thinning  (Read 1616 times)

Offline iowabow

Re: more fun thinning
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2012, 01:26:35 am »
Well I hammered off the stack and it looks ugly but the other side looks cool.  It is 53.5mm and 6 so divided out it is almost 9.   I just don't have skill to get to 10 yet.  Maybe I never will but I had fun this weekend trying.  In addition to the stack I took a couple flakes from the lower right.   Anyway enjoy the pictures.  Not sure what I am going to make from these preforms yet.  Thanks Will.

(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline Tower

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2012, 01:36:50 am »
Looks like you've got that dog whipped. Your doing a real fine job with thinning blanks.
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

Offline iowabow

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2012, 01:47:46 am »
Thanks tower I am real happy about the weekends work.  I just have to remember to thin that base early.  That Texas stone sure works better than my rock.  I hope that I run into some better stone in the creek this spring.  I have two 30 lbs rocks I am going to sprawl out when it warms up. I hope that there is some real slick stuff in the bunch.  This Texas rock can make you develop a taste for the finer things. 
(:::.) The ABO path is a new frontier to the past!

Offline Will H

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2012, 01:55:30 am »
That TX rock is good to work! Its tough and has a high tensile strength. Great for percussion and very forgiving. 9:1 on a preform is great! Very well done!
Proud Member of Twin Oaks Bowhunters
           Clarksville, Tennessee

"Middle Tennessee is the place to be"