Author Topic: looking for a how to!  (Read 1689 times)

Offline thomas h

looking for a how to!
« on: March 28, 2012, 02:26:52 pm »
is there a  post ,on ,how to apply carp skins to the bow back  ? i have done a search but  came up empty. if you  know of one  please share it .===tom.h ;D

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: looking for a how to!
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 02:44:30 pm »
Have you done any snake skins yet?
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline thomas h

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 02:48:35 pm »
yes but the were long enough to cover  each limb with one skin. do you over lap the carp skins or just but the up edge to edge?

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 03:29:13 pm »
Butt them together and wrap them, or leave them. I sand them down some so they are more flexible and thin. I also wash them with dish soap to get any oils leftover gone. I dont soak them like I do snake skins.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline thomas h

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 05:59:51 pm »
thank you for the  help  much appreciated.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2012, 06:27:04 pm »
The skins are heavier than most snakes. Give your glue plenty of time to cure hard and be sure you have glue all the way to the edge's. It seems they take a little more stick to stay stuck compared to snake skins.