Author Topic: Old reflexed molly bow found in california cave (anybody see this?)  (Read 8446 times)

Offline Bevan R.

Re: Old reflexed molly bow found in california cave (anybody see this?)
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2012, 11:57:49 pm »
Anyone else think it odd that at at over 450' depth, the water outside the 'cave' still has visable light?
Someone looking for their '15 min of fame'
Bowmakers are a little bent, but knappers are just plain flaky.

Offline footfootfoot

• Now with more irony
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2012, 12:07:15 am »
If you google his name you get 306,000 hits and the first 200 have this sentence:
Pacific Shelf Research Institute's chief scientist and CEO Curt Novolin proudly displays...

BS meter is redlined or it is a joke.

The venus is an obvious photoshop mirror image. Maybe this is like the tree octopus thing.
Bring me my Bow of burning gold; Bring me my Arrows of desire: Bring me my Spear: O clouds unfold! Bring me my Chariot of fire!

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2012, 12:53:28 am »
I would think that an archeologist would know better than to call it a recurve. Not to mention the lack of mapping in the cave.
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2012, 01:44:13 am »
The researcher's name only appears in conjunction with the deepwater archeology organization.  Nowhere else, no Linkedin, no facebook, no scientific papers or other publications, no university (where else is he getting his money, faked alien video sales?) connections.  And his last name is the brand name of a diabetes drug. 

I think maybe the same aliens that invented the pyramid bows made from huge blocks of limestone in anciant egypt made that Neandertal bow, too.    >:D
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Newindian

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2012, 01:27:38 am »
Fake try to look up any thing related you'll only get that article, sure is a big discovery for nobody to care to talk about except this post ;)
I like free stuff.

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2012, 02:34:01 am »
Na.. It's real.. Last week I found Jimmy Hafa 8)

Cipriano
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.

Offline Jodocus

« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2012, 05:51:47 am »
I am a bit scpetical about this. To my knowledge, there is nothing indicating neanderthals ever lived in the new world. Their range was europe and the midle east. Also, they hunted BIG game, with traps and spears, not bows. If, however, "neanderthals" is (falsely) used as a synonyme for "prehistoric humans", the use of recurve bows is plausible, yet there remains some dispute since when exactly real composite bows were made. Some say since the mesolititic, judging fom pictures of bows that look like compounds from their dimensions (i.e. they were shorter than would be expected from a purely wooden bow). However, some cultures use short bows with a much shorter draw than we do, and poison them to compensate for the lack of projectile energy.
Don't shoot!

Offline Scowler

« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2012, 09:13:03 am »
Total B.S.