Author Topic: Put ebony nocks on Rudders' warbow, had to shorten a bit, chrysaling???!  (Read 10653 times)

Offline PortlandJoe

• nock. draw. LOOOOSE!
Just looked up Woodland Archery!  what a sham. 

so i have to say that my Fair/Rudderbows tri-lam "warbow"  is just a turd.  toomanyknots is supplying me with a beautiful bow that i'll be proud to fling arrows with.

Offline adb

Jim strikes again! Interesting that rudderbows seems on the down low. I think woodland archery is related in some way? They have one bow on the site, a plains Indian bow, that they actually recommend as a home defense weapon as a firearms alternative. And I think Justin Seinmetz (Jim's kid or stepkid) went amoke. Internet fraud, arrested maybe, ripping off customers left and right, all kinds of things. His Army service was even in question. Strange stuff. :)

A short bow for home defense??!! That's insane. I'll just stick with this:

Offline Dane

Woodland Archery's site will either make you laugh or scream, depending on your temperment. :) That is not a bad thing to defend your life with there, and shotguns are a lot easier to learn to shoot well in a high-stress defensive situation than a handgun. 12 gauges must be just plain terrifying if you are at the wrong end of one.

But whatever you do, don't chose the Woodland Bows 48" plains Indian bow. They state it is very maneuverable from the back of a horse or the confines of a home hallway, can be left strung forever so it is ALWAYS READY TO SHOOT, and is accurate to 15 yards. Go read the text. It is awesome. But, if someone can convince me that they know what they are talking about, I may keep a little medieval handgonne / hand cannon next to my bed. I just have to make sure and light the slow match and load it before the bad guys can get to me. :) I can then beat the other burglers with it, or melt their eyes out if they don't mind holding still for the slow match.

Dane
Greenfield, Western Massachusetts

Offline adb

I think nuthin' cuts through the bullshit quicker than the racking of a 12 ga shotgun. You're right, I'd hate to be staring at the wrong end of that 3/4" hole too. One in the pipe and 6 more as back up don't hurt either. I got it loaded with #6 birdshot. Deadly enough at close range, and no over penetration issues.
This might seem severe to some, but it's perfectly legal (even here in Canada), and I refuse to be a victim.

Sorry! This is getting wayyyyy off topic.