Author Topic: Another One  (Read 1909 times)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Another One
« on: April 28, 2013, 10:38:10 am »
I just got home from the Flea Market with another good find. I picked up another Black Palm bow in very good condition with the original bark string still on it. The guy had the bow and a Montagnard cross bow for $20 each. I passed on the cross bow, it was missing some parts.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline bowtarist

• Primitive Archer Subscription Number PM103651
Re: Another One
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 11:33:00 am »
Looks a lot like the one my Buddy's uncle brought back from the Phillipens after the Korean war.  Is it got a triangle belly to it?  Nice find for $20.

Is that a papiya or what hangin there in pic 2?  I always smile when you post picks in the garden/yard.  Mullet, Mullet quite fullovit how does you garden grow... ;D "fullovit" to be said in one word to ryhme with Mullet.  ;) dpg
(:::.)    Osage music played daily. :)

Offline adb

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2013, 01:23:09 pm »
I just got home from the Flea Market with another good find. I picked up another Black Palm bow in very good condition with the original bark string still on it. The guy had the bow and a Montagnard cross bow for $20 each. I passed on the cross bow, it was missing some parts.

Montagnard. So... that's Vietnamese, yes? Or, Cambodian? Regardless, that's very cool! Are you going to brace it and try and shoot it?

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2013, 01:55:46 pm »
Derik;
  That's a papaya tree it is leaning against, the hanging thing is a Chayote, a mild squash from Central America. Both of the bows have a flat belly and are oval shaped.

Adam, I'm thinking about bracing it but I'm not sure if the string will hold up. It's very dry. I made a string and shot my other one, it's a wrist slapper with the low brace height they are supposed to have used.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2013, 02:50:28 pm »
Cool find Eddie. I have a mahogany crossbow from Viet Nam, the Philipeans or somewhere in
S.E. Asia. It also has a string made of twisted plant material.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline coaster500

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2013, 03:17:16 pm »
Great find indeed!!!!

Inspiration, information and instruction by the ton and it's free,,, such a deal :)

Offline criveraville

• Psalm 127:4
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2013, 01:24:33 am »
OOOOOO that's nice :) I give you $25 ::) How old do you think it is?
I was HECHO EN MEXICO, but assembled in Texas and I'm Texican as the day is long...  Psalm 127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.