Author Topic: Red Oak Board Molly Curve  (Read 14860 times)

Offline BowEd

• BowEd
Re: Red Oak Board Molly Curve
« Reply #60 on: July 25, 2013, 05:22:45 pm »
Well you were saying you were working on a molly recurve.Figured it'd be an osage though.Thought you just looked in the woods for bows.....LOL.Good eye on the grain selection.Very sweet full draw profile pic.Like the finish work too,and your dog ear marked thin tip work.Sweeeeet.Does it shoot as nice as your long Mo Jam yew?The only time I've fooled with board bows it has a bamboo back.
BowEd
You got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything.
Ed

Offline Arrowind

« Reply #61 on: July 26, 2013, 12:38:06 am »
I had the scouts over making bows quite a while ago.   I took one of the other adult leaders out back to shoot one.  I pulled it back and shot it.  You should have seen his face.  :o  He was amazed.  He just kept looking at it in disbelief.  Then he said "WOW that's just like....that's, well...it's just like..."  I interupted him and said "A real bow?" He looked at me with what I can only describe as "shocking realization" and said.  "YEAH!....like a REAL BOW."   I said that's because it is.   He just kept shaking his head.  He couldn't figure out how you could make a "REAL BOW" from an ordinary piece of wood.

THAT my friend is a REAL BOW.   LOVE IT!  And to think you made it from an ordinary piece of wood....that was cut to look like a board.  YOU GOT SKILLS.

When I first saw it I thought. "you gotta be kidding me."  RED OAK? MOLLY? RECURVE???!!!??!!!  DAAAAAAANG. 

That's awesome dude.
Talking trees. What do trees have to talk about, hmm... except the consistency of squirrel droppings?

blackhawk

« Reply #62 on: July 26, 2013, 07:41:02 am »
Thanks guys :)

Calamitous I don't know exact thickness of the limbs...I think its close to just under a half inch out of the fades and just over 3/8" at the thinnest point before the levers...and the levers are about 5/8" thick

Hey Ed...what's your definition of "shoot as nice"...lol...the yew is a hair slower(lower poundage bow tho)but its a hair more stable and accurate...but I can't test them side by side anymore because I gave the yew away to an ole friend two days ago,and its halfway to Seattle right now ;)

Cool story arrowind...I love those stories and when that happens ;)

Offline Calamitus

« Reply #63 on: July 26, 2013, 10:00:41 am »
Thanks Blackhawk, that's the info I needed.