Author Topic: Stringstretchers Update.  (Read 1991 times)

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
Stringstretchers Update.
« on: August 01, 2013, 04:31:06 pm »
Hello everyone.  Yes I am still kicking, just not high at all.  I came here first to pass on what I can tell you about what is going on in my life as of right now.

Through the last several weeks, I have been seeing several doctors, in just about every field there is and finally got some results from I don't know how many test that has been run.  But, I was sat down with my now new primary care doctor this morning to tell me the news and what is going to take place from here on out, at least for a while.

Years ago, back in the 80's if believe it was, I was that I had manic-depression.  I was put on some serious beta blocker medicine and at that time it worked and did me good.  I felt great, and became mostly human again after that.  Fast forward to 3 years ago.

When I started having all this balance issue and testing and this and that, and no idea what all medications I have tried or taken all these times, some have helped and some no so much.  Any way, after the operation on my ear last year, things got really bad in the depression department for me.  No knowing what was going on, we all though depressed because of what I was going through.  Loosing my job, going on disability, having cars repoed, and on an on.  Well now, that was not actually all that was happening.

I was told this morning that I in fact have manic-depression.  That is what it was called years ago before all this new and scientific studies were and have been done.  Do you know what it really is??    It is BI-POLAR.  Yes,,,,,BI-POLAR.  Or that is what I am being told.

If it is, it would explain a lot of things over the last few years.  Loss of concentration in things that I love to do??? Yeap gone.  Making hasty decisions on purchasing things to do something new....OH YEAH....DEFINATELY.  Wanting to help everyone any way I can and getting excited,,,MANY MANY MANY TIMES, only to loose interest and not do it?Huh?  Sound familiar?  yeah a lot of things that I promised that never got done.  And so many other feelings that I just will not go into.

So in the next two weeks, I start a new medication today that has more side effects that can be put in Websters Dictionary.  I have to monitor every thing I do and eat for those two weeks, how long I sleep, how I feel and on and on, and go back to see my new doctor August 16Th.

If this is so, I have a new lease on life, although a challenging one, but one that can be controlled so I am told.   I just need, with their help to find the old me and give him back to me.

For anyone that over the last 3 years that I have made promises to, made deals with and not completed, I am truly sorry.  But I can honestly say, It was not Charlie Jefferson making those promises and deals at that time, it was some one I never want to know or meet again.  An I will try over time to remember them and make good on them if at all possible.

So for me now, it is a hurry up and wait deal to see what happens, a lot of trial and error I am sure, but with God's grace, I will come through this and enjoy a better life.

I hope you all understand..

Thanks and God Bless
Charlie Jefferson.

Offline seabass

Re: Stringstretchers Update.
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2013, 04:38:00 pm »
hang in there buddy.we want our Charlie back.take care of yourself brother and get well.hopefully we will get to see you at the classic next year.
Middletown,Ohio

Offline bubby

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2013, 04:39:01 pm »
good luck Charlie, I hope this gets ya right, bub
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Roy

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2013, 05:19:02 pm »
Hope things work out for the best Charlie.

Offline Don

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2013, 06:02:32 pm »
I really hope this all works out for you Charlie.

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2013, 08:11:39 pm »
Going to keep right on praying !!
I think you can find your way back, with a little help from the powers that be !
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2013, 08:15:28 pm »
I will keep praying for you Charlie! Those are indeed some tough issues to deal with. Let me know if you need anything - I will see what I can do to help. Ben

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2013, 11:57:27 am »
Prayers sent Brother...
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Adam

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2013, 11:58:56 am »
I'm still praying for you too.  I'm glad you're making progress.

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2013, 01:12:50 pm »
Good to hear from you Charlie, and I hope that things start working out better for you.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2013, 12:04:22 am »
I know how that bipolar crap can mess with ya.  I deal with it, too.  Maybe to a lesser extent, maybe not. 

Best of luck to you with these new meds, if they work, maybe I will note what they are and finally go see a doc myself.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2013, 09:29:31 am »
Thanks everyone.  It is going to be a long long road.

blackhawk

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2013, 10:18:47 am »
That disease put me thru an eleven year+ long roller coaster ride of heaven and hell....I was on top of the world at times to literally a homeless bum,and a near death experience ...its not easy for me to say this out in the public and admit it for all to read,and think maybe people are labeling me "crazy"...I've gone 9 years now without a serious "episode" that could jeopardize my life seriously in either way....if I start to think how I'm going to go thru and get thru the rest of my life without any more episodes when the odds are highly stacked against me that I will falter again one way or the other it will only get me down and it seems impossible that I'll live a "normal" life the rest of my journey....my mentality of dealing with it is taking one day at a time,and one moment at a time,and to think before every step I take,and ask myself what consequences there is to this decision....it ain't easy but with that mentality in mind it has helped me go for 9 years now of somewhat normal and a life  being lived in stability....that philosophy has helped me more than any other of the many medications I was put on...I didn't feel "myself" or "human" being drugged...I also need HEALTHY creative outlets and ways to express myself thru arts and words...and finding someone to confide in about your feelings to talk them out is HUGE as well...anyways....enough rambling...hope you resd this Charlie and maybe it'll help ya out and let ya know your not alone in this,and there are others out there who have been there before and have been able to beat it(for now)And have a happy semi normal existence in there journey in this life

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2013, 10:42:28 am »
Glad to hear from you Charlie,I know you can beat this thing,hang in and if you need something just call. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good