Author Topic: Tiller check please (updated pics)  (Read 2770 times)

Offline artcher1

Re: Tiller check please (updated pics)
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2013, 09:21:56 pm »
OK, tiller is slightly different for up-right and canted shooters. Less heel pressure is applied when canting the bow and some pressure is relieved on the lower limb. From what I see, tiller looks perfect for when you cant the bow. For up-right shooting, just take a little heel pressure off the handle...........Art

blackhawk

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2013, 09:25:05 pm »
Bottom limb is looking better ...top limb is still a hair more stiff in the outer working limb,but not by much

Offline steve b.

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2013, 11:28:31 pm »
Thank again, All.  Thanks Gordon.

Art, I grab the handle by the side, much as Asbel taught for the longbow.  I know he has since modified that view but I like it because without any break in the wrist I feel it helps me keep my forearm away from the string.   As I'm drawing my bow I'm actually wobbling my bow hand up and down so that equal pressure is on the heel and thumb.  I feel there is equal stress on the handle that way.  So I do that when canting too.  And with a bendy handle where there's not much handle at all.  I don't break my wrist.  When there's no handle at all I still grab it from the side and pull into my thumb! 

BH.....The four draw pics are two up and two down.  But I think I see what needs improvement.  I'll finish it up this weekend.  Thanks for all your help.

Offline wood_bandit 99

• Shoot straight my friends!!   55#@26"
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2013, 12:20:03 am »
I say the outer half are just a touch stiff. More so the bottom of the 4th pic
"Judge a man by his questions, not his answers" ~Anonymous

"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it." ~Chinese Proverb