Author Topic: New Member  (Read 3875 times)

Offline Clean_Missed

« on: February 25, 2014, 11:13:52 am »
Hey everyone!

Just thought I'd introduce myself as I am new to the Primitive Archer Community. I'm in the process of crafting my second bow (first on my own), after taking a bow making course from   PA member adb. It's been both challenging and addictive thus far but there have been no irreversible errors yet. I'm hoping to finish it up within a week or so of evenings. I've got nothing better to do in the balmy -32 C weather we are having here in Saskatchewan so odds are good I'll get it finished up. Final product should be a 66" nock to nock, pyramid style, maple board bow at 30-35# for my wife. Anyways, I look forward to picking everyone's brains about various bow related topics and getting to know everyone.

Sincerely,

Clean_Missed   
Sincerely,

Clean_Missed

"As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it."

-ALBERT EINSTEIN

Offline adb

Re: New Member
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 11:23:29 am »
RIGHT ON Brendon!! Glad you joined up! This place is the best resource you will discover on your journey. Post lots of pics of your first solo build, and lots of very knowledgeable people will give you lots of good advice.

Hey, no harm in showing off the bow you made with me! You did a really great job on it.

Offline Clean_Missed

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 11:57:18 am »
Here is the bow I built at the course with adb.
66" nock to nock and 48# @28".
Ipe backed with Ash and Purple Heart tip overlays with Buffalo horn arrow pass.

Its taking a bit more set now but is shooting beautifully (well as beautiful as I can make it...). Ill try to get some good pics of my current project tonight to post. I'm done floor tillering it now and have to put together a bit of a tillering tree to proceed any further.
Sincerely,

Clean_Missed

"As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it."

-ALBERT EINSTEIN

Offline adb

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2014, 12:30:14 pm »
Here's the full draw while he was at my shop...

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2014, 12:41:57 pm »
Well, I see a problem right off the bat here. You let Adam show you the ropes, not cool. Hopefully he taught you saw safety?......;)

Welcome to PA and primitive bowyery!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline adb

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2014, 03:07:32 pm »
Well, I see a problem right off the bat here. You let Adam show you the ropes, not cool. Hopefully he taught you saw safety?......;)

Welcome to PA and primitive bowyery!

Har-de-har-har Chris!! No missing digits on any new bow makers yet! Just me. Touch wood.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2014, 10:58:17 am »
Welcome to PA, Looks like you found a good teacher so you should be off and running,looking forward to seeing more of your work. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2014, 01:07:28 pm »
Welcome to PA, Brendon.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC