Author Topic: First Solo Bow Tiller Advice  (Read 3908 times)

Offline ohma2

Re: First Solo Bow Tiller Advice
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2014, 03:48:31 pm »
you are doing a fine job on that .

Offline Clean_Missed

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2014, 01:25:12 am »
Well, I finished up the bow this weekend. Came in right on at my 35# at 28". It has taken about 1-13/16" of set so far. Good smooth draw and seem sot shoot well. The prop twist wasn't join away so i decided to leave it alone rather than screw the tips up trying to fix something that was cosmetic. The screwed up the lacing on the grip so i may try and redo that later to see if i can get it looking a bit nicer. I gave it a couple coats of carnauba wax for finish and all that is left to do is label the poundage and draw when i get one of those fancy marker. I gave it to my wife as a belated birthday present. Here are a few pictures of the finished product. Feel free to critique it and tell me where i can do better next time.
Sincerely,

Clean_Missed

"As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it."

-ALBERT EINSTEIN

Offline adb

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2014, 09:34:59 am »
That is a damn fine lookin' bow for your first! Well done. You arrived at your intended draw weight and length and your tiller is decent. You're right... don't sweat a bit of prop twist. Now go shoot the hell out of it!!

Offline Clean_Missed

Re: First Solo Bow Tiller Advice- Finished Bow
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2014, 01:30:12 pm »
That's the plan. I should get a good shooting session in over the lunch hour today. We'll see how it does at more than the 5yds my garage could accommodate during the construction process.
Sincerely,

Clean_Missed

"As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it."

-ALBERT EINSTEIN