Author Topic: Chupacabre caught?  (Read 4482 times)

Offline PatM

Re: Chupacabre caught?
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2014, 06:25:53 pm »
The reason I said mange was because it seems pretty common for animals  there to be afflicted to the point of hairlessness.

There is always the potential for animals to have the hairless gene but it would be rather uncommon for them to survive to adulthood.
 I have seen a Red Squirrel with a total lack of hair and its mother had pushed it out of the nest. Nature is not big on sudden anomalies that may have a glaring disadvantage.

Offline stickbender

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2014, 08:03:51 pm »

As for the guy who said he never heard a coon make that kind of noise, must not have ever gotten close to a cornered, or caged coon before.  I catch them all the time, and they can make some pretty nasty growling noises, just like that one.  It sure looks like a hairless coon to me.  Whatever the reason for it not having any hair.

Wayne

Offline 4dog

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2014, 09:14:18 pm »
nose alone has coon written all over it.
"SET" is always there !!!

Offline Tower

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2014, 09:54:11 pm »
I've trapped a lot of coons in my life, but not as messed up as that one.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 10:05:44 pm by Tower »
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2014, 09:57:27 pm »
And then there was that North Dakota coyote that got caught in a leg hold trap.  Gnawed three legs off and was still trapped....sigh!
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Dharma

• Kayenta, AZ
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2014, 10:08:16 pm »
The bigger questions remain unanswered. Could a bow be backed with its skin? Could a quiver be made? Inquiring minds want to know.
An arrow knows only the life its maker breathes into it...

Offline Tower

« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2014, 10:14:14 pm »
Looks pretty tough.    Better use a point made from untreated stone.
He who sacrifices freedom for a security deserves neither one.  Benjamin Franklin!

Offline lostarrow

« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2014, 10:22:20 pm »

As for the guy who said he never heard a coon make that kind of noise, must not have ever gotten close to a cornered, or caged coon before.  I catch them all the time, and they can make some pretty nasty growling noises, just like that one.  It sure looks like a hairless coon to me.  Whatever the reason for it not having any hair.

Wayne

He said he was a coon hunter........................... Most animals make the same noise after you shoot them . ;)

Offline wildman

« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2014, 10:28:54 pm »
I'm not scared of much mystical creatures included, but the man who is big enuff ole boy to shave an adult racoon this backwoods hillbilly  is steering clear of! >:D
" Society your crazy greed , hope your not lonely without me"

-Eddie Vedder-

Offline Tower

« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2014, 10:50:06 pm »
HA! I know your right !

Offline toomanyknots

« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2014, 11:52:20 pm »
I can't see the video right now cause my computer is too slow. I remember though, when I was younger I was in a group home. Me and this kid Doug best (we were both like 14 or something, he may have been 13), well, we were both absolute idiots, so we decided to run away in the middle of the day, (which was kind of a right of passage at the group home I was at anyway). We just took off right into the woods, lol. We ran around for a while, and ended up heading down past this road into a corn field, and ended up sleeping in this corn field, back to back (it was cold). In the middle of the night, or it might of been early morning, I woke up with this weird dog sniffing me, it FREAKED ME OUT!  ;D Doug never woke up, but it scared the crap out of me. Well we ended up sneaking back in the morning to nab some supplies and got caught and went back to jail, but I never thought about the dog, till nowadays when I hear stories about weird dog animals. I don't remember it having no hair either, but I didn't think nothing of it but being a weird dog. That group home was out in a place called riley, and apparently they got lots of stories about similar things. I know this guys grandma that swears when she was 20 or so something like that chased her all over the place or something, and his whole family swears it happened, lol. If there were chubacabras though, I'm sure my wife would of found, named, and taken in 5 of em by now already...
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 11:55:30 pm by toomanyknots »
"The way of heaven is like the bending of a bow-
 the upper part is pressed down,
 the lower part is raised up,
 the part that has too much is reduced,
 the part that has too little is increased."

- Tao Te Ching, 77, A new translation by Victor H. Mair

Offline stickbender

« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2014, 12:52:24 am »
I can't see the video right now cause my computer is too slow. I remember though, when I was younger I was in a group home. Me and this kid Doug best (we were both like 14 or something, he may have been 13), well, we were both absolute idiots, so we decided to run away in the middle of the day, (which was kind of a right of passage at the group home I was at anyway). We just took off right into the woods, lol. We ran around for a while, and ended up heading down past this road into a corn field, and ended up sleeping in this corn field, back to back (it was cold). In the middle of the night, or it might of been early morning, I woke up with this weird dog sniffing me, it FREAKED ME OUT!  ;D Doug never woke up, but it scared the crap out of me. Well we ended up sneaking back in the morning to nab some supplies and got caught and went back to jail, but I never thought about the dog, till nowadays when I hear stories about weird dog animals. I don't remember it having no hair either, but I didn't think nothing of it but being a weird dog. That group home was out in a place called riley, and apparently they got lots of stories about similar things. I know this guys grandma that swears when she was 20 or so something like that chased her all over the place or something, and his whole family swears it happened, lol. If there were chubacabras though, I'm sure my wife would of found, named, and taken in 5 of em by now already...

You didn't by any chance hang around with Eddie (Mullet) when you were a kid did you? ::)
                                                                                Wayne