Author Topic: elementary points  (Read 5743 times)

Dingleberry

elementary points
« on: January 17, 2008, 05:07:49 pm »
Hey, here are some points i did recently.  They are too small and not very good, but I'm learnin bit by bit and havin fun.  Thanks Mullet for the shiny red material and the cream colored one. I got those from ya at Pat's. :)   On a sadder note; my dog got hold of my moose billet and chewed it down pretty bad.  Stupid me leaving such a tempting treat within her grasp. :P

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: elementary points
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008, 05:54:58 pm »
   Those points look good. I wish my first ones looked half as good. That red stuff is Gold stone, or copper impregnated glass. The other one is Coastal Plains from Ga. Keep chipping, you are doing good.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008, 06:16:20 pm »
I'd say for you to go to the head of your elementary class. Nice points Jonathan. 8)    Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Otoe Bow

• Mike Chase, Afghanistan
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2008, 06:27:16 pm »
I like them.  I wish my first try looked that good.  I'll try to post a pic tonight.  Y'all will get a good laugh out of it.

Otoe
So far, I haven't found any Osage or knappable rock over here.  Embrace the suck

Dingleberry

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2008, 06:32:00 pm »
Thanks.  It definitely wasn't my first try.  I've been ruining good rock off and on for a year now.  ;D 

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2008, 07:59:17 pm »
Looks like you're starting to get it figured out, those are looking pretty good. As for the size, most of the old arrow heads I find around here are smaller than those, and the people who made those depended on them for groceries and keeping the neighbors polite.  :) I had a couple close calls with CBAD (canine billet appropriation disorder) too before I learned to keep 'em somewhere at least three or four dogs high off the ground.  ;D
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Dingleberry

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2008, 08:48:24 pm »
I've learned my lesson for sure with the dog. :D How was plowin snow this mornin? Did yall get much over there?

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2008, 09:25:11 pm »
  As for ruining good rock off and on for years, Well I've see the company ya' hang with. Those boys with those big clubs, need to learn that one word,"Finess", When working that pretty rock. ;)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Otoe Bow

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2008, 12:48:18 am »
Try this one on for size, or lack there of.   :D

I struck my very first rock (a good old piece of Georgetown) courtesy of Cowboy and this is what came off.  I just took the pressure flaker and serrated the edges and put on some notches.   ;D  I didn't even have on my glasses.   :-\

See I told you this would be funny.

Otoe

[attachment deleted by admin]
So far, I haven't found any Osage or knappable rock over here.  Embrace the suck

Dingleberry

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2008, 09:37:50 am »
Nice.  Now you got the fever. ;D

Offline Otoe Bow

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2008, 10:16:31 am »
Oh, I got the fever alright.  I'm going to try and get me a pit dug this weekend so I can heat treat my rock. 

DB:  Your points look great.  I do hope my "actual" first attempts look as good.

Otoe