Author Topic: The Three Bears Bow Set(Lots of Pics)  (Read 20946 times)

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
Re: The Three Bears Bow Set(Lots of Pics)
« Reply #60 on: January 15, 2008, 07:13:40 pm »
Dana, I'm sorry I didn't read this thread earlier...I really enjoyed the story of the "3 Bears"! ;)

All three bows look very well tillered and a great job on the tips. I too liked the "Baby Bear" bow the best. PatB gave me some birch bark last year and I just haven't had the opportunity to use it yet. You've inspired me to give it a try now when the right piece of wood comes available. I don't guess the birch bark needs to be wet when applied as with snake skins, you mentioned it was water proof. I might would still wrap it with an ace bandage perhaps. :)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline DanaM

« Reply #61 on: January 15, 2008, 08:57:49 pm »
Thanks Greg, nope no need to wet the bark, I used a slat of wood when gluing it down but it was a board so was nice a flat.
On a stave I think an ace bandage or innertube would work better. I will definately be harvesting more this summer :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline DanaM

« Reply #62 on: February 01, 2008, 10:45:50 am »
Heard from my niece Sara, she ought to be back from Iraq in April, can't wait to put mama bear in her hands
and have a shooting session with all three of them, I will get pictures as I can. High resoulution ones ;) ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI