Author Topic: Riser OOPS  (Read 3860 times)

Offline bubby

Re: Riser OOPS
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2015, 06:09:07 pm »
I use a frence curve on mine, but I went the whole nine yards and bought the set for $8 
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

mikekeswick

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2015, 04:54:25 am »
The glueline is the important part to try and fix BEFORE it becomes a problem. The fades also need work but i'd do that after the glueline.
Your best bet at this point is to heat some epoxy gently so it becomes runny. Then try and get it to flow into the gap you have. Flexing the bow with the handle held in a vice will help to suck it in. I would make a few blocks of wood up to fix the riser shape and then use those and a piece of leather or similar to protect the back and then clamp it up nice and tight. Inner tubes or clamps will work.

Offline okie64

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2015, 11:50:39 am »
You can also use the bottom of a paint can to trace out your fades. Just play with it till it looks good.

Offline Springbuck

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2015, 12:12:05 pm »
  SO MANY GOOD REPLIES!   

Let me just wave "our flag a moment here guys!  Seeing this many people this wu\illing to help, and to go to the trouble to repost the pics and the links, etc for a new guy doing his best, makes me very happy.  I love "us".  Some, lots, of really great people here.