Author Topic: quiver questions  (Read 2218 times)

Offline jayman448

quiver questions
« on: May 02, 2015, 01:08:39 am »
Just wanting to know who uses what and why. Pocket, hip, back, sling, bow?

Offline chamookman

Re: quiver questions
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2015, 04:59:09 am »
Stump shooting - Pocket. 3D at the range - Back quiver. Hunting - Hip.  Stumping, a couple of blunts and Judo points are all that's needed so the Pocket is quick and easy. At the 3D range, gotta have some extra Arrows and have the "Bling" factor going - so the Back Quiver is used. But the Back quiver, is the absolute WORST hunting quiver ever made. Noisy and Your Arrows will snag on everything - and don't forget about "flagging" game trying to draw an Arrow. A Hip quiver works well for Me - quiet, quick to draw an Arrow with low movement and for Me, I always wear a pack when Hunting so the Hip fits My program. The "Lacota" style is a good Hunting Quiver also. Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2015, 10:17:40 am »
I use them all.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline bubby

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2015, 11:55:04 am »
Hunting a plains style but i have a nice bobcat back quiver and I'm in the process of building a new yote plains style
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Aaron H

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2015, 02:11:03 pm »
Hip quiver for me

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2015, 11:29:57 am »
I use a side stalker style that Pearlie made me for 3D shoots and a GFA side quiver I made from an old Selway bow quiver for hunting. I've tried just about every style quiver there is and have settled on the ones above.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC