Author Topic: First primitive kill!!!!!! Pearl Drum's 'Twisted Sister'  (Read 5028 times)

Offline JW_Halverson

Re: First primitive kill!!!!!! Pearl Drum's 'Twisted Sister'
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2015, 10:00:56 pm »
I had no idea you where going to get serious with that bow after you sent me that practice grouping. But I guess I was wrong! You got serious all right :)

Deadly serious, apparently!

It's a lot different from shooting my wheelie bow. No fancy gear or high tech gadgets to help you, or better yet, get in the way. I'll never forget the image of this deer as I was as full draw, looking down my arrow!

Each wheel, each sight pin, rest, release, gadget, gimmick, and gimcrack is another layer separating you and the animal you hunt.  The organic wood bow and arrow draws a connection between you.  Some never get that, but you feel it now.  Doncha?
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline J. DEMPLER

• It ain't knappin' if you ain't bleedin'
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2015, 05:35:09 am »
Each wheel, each sight pin, rest, release, gadget, gimmick, and gimcrack is another layer separating you and the animal you hunt.  The organic wood bow and arrow draws a connection between you.  Some never get that, but you feel it now.  Doncha?

I sure do :) You described it perfectly.
There is a place for all of Gods creatures, right next to the potatoes and gravy.

Madison, Indiana

Offline ptaylor

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2015, 12:09:40 pm »
Woohoo! Way to go man.

Offline rps3

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2015, 05:24:38 pm »
I just found this part of the forum after posting pics myself, guess I should scroll down more often. Congrats to you both...nothing like it.

Offline bradsmith2010

« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2015, 05:26:21 pm »
congrats :)