Author Topic: arrow flight questions.  (Read 2334 times)

riverrat

arrow flight questions.
« on: October 28, 2015, 05:45:38 pm »
o.k. im a right handed shooter. arrow goes to left side of my bow i use my hand as a shelf. i draw with a 3 finger release. i have all my shoot shaft arrows spined the same. same length give or take a inch. all hit whatever target im aiming at. i have 2 arrows out of a doz. that have flight issues. 1- the rear end kicks up just about every time. the other wobbles all the way to target side to side. the rest shoot straight.ive looked them over, looking for a bend. something. but i cant find anything. any ideas? thanks Tony

Offline le0n

Re: arrow flight questions.
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2015, 06:15:43 pm »
re-check the spine on those two.

they may need to be re-nocked.

shoot them with the cock feather inward and see if their flight improves.

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2015, 06:20:30 pm »
You need to hold those arrows firmly in two hands and bend the point round until it meets the nock.
That will cure any flight problems >:D
Del
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline le0n

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2015, 06:35:40 pm »
hah hah.

Offline DC

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2015, 06:41:35 pm »
I had one that wouldn't shoot worth a darn. I tried changing everything. What I finally found was a bend right in front of the fletching. It wasn't a big bend but I'm guessing that being that far back it steered the arrow a bit weird. Being right in front of the fletching it didn't jump out at me when I sighted down the arrow looking for bends. Anyway that fixed it.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2015, 07:58:52 pm »
Try flipping the bad shooting arrows over, cock feather in towards the bow.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

riverrat

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2015, 08:12:31 pm »
i use a two feather fletch. but i will  shoot them two tomorrow one way then the other to see if it changes anything. i will also recheck them for spine. its possible they could of dried more and became stiffer. it makes sense.i may try that if all fails Dell lol. Tony

riverrat

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2015, 11:56:16 am »
o.k. the one with the wobble side to side, after careful examination once again, i found that between the two feather fletch the shaft had a kink i thought i had gottin out but i guess i didnt do it good enough. so i unfletched it, heated over wood stove, used antler tool to bend it out. held it till it cooled. re-fletched it, shot it, no more wobble :). other one that kicks up. re checked spine. seems good.i did notice that the nock is off center just a tad. might be the issue. im going to cut it off and make a new one.ill also have to unfletch it and move the fletch up further.Tony