Author Topic: my youngest daughter's making her first bow  (Read 5300 times)

Offline Josh B

Re: my youngest daughter's making her first bow
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2016, 07:47:10 pm »
In order to be ready for the next time I get home, we decided to have her string made and ready to go.  Now Moyra is quite accomplished at making cordage, but this is her first actual bowstring.  We used fast flight and made a single loop Flemish string.  Again, I provided instructions, she provided all the labor.  I snapped a few of her as she worked.  Josh

Offline Josh B

« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2016, 07:53:24 pm »
Her hands move so quick that it's hard to get a clear pic.  Here she is pulling out a few strands at a time to make a nice tapered bundle on her string.  And here is the end result...a perfect tapered bundle single loop Flemish twist string.  All that is needed to finish this string is serving.  Thanks for following along so far.  We'll get back on it as soon as I get back home again.  Josh

Offline half eye

« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2016, 08:07:59 pm »
Man, thats first class right there....
rich

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2016, 09:27:20 pm »
May I place an order?
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857