Author Topic: Cooking rock  (Read 5144 times)

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
Re: Cooking rock
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2016, 12:49:36 pm »
Funny thing happened I asked wife if I could use turkey roaster to cook some more rock promised I'd have it back by weeks end. To my surprise she said yes but take the other one it needs cleaning anyways lol. In the mean time I knocked one out of dacite knapps nice but just seems hard to get a good sharp edge. Also 2 from local stuff still works pretty hard broke the one trying to get crystals off base. Got my flake but when I unwrapped paper towel I had it in saw it was broke :-\ was hoping to make hunting arrow from that one
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2016, 01:41:32 pm »
Well I finished cooking let the rocks cool cleaned up and returned wife's turkey roaster. It was so clean I didn't even get scolded. I knapped a few points works much nicer now. Took a few pictures

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2016, 01:46:06 pm »
Top pictures are stuff just uncovered or removed. Bottom pictures small one is one I worked raw then cooked and reworked. Stem point just cooked spall then work point

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2016, 08:49:35 pm »
Now it looks good. :)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2016, 09:54:58 pm »
Thanks Eddie I guess I locked myself out had to figure out how to unlock it. This stone works much better now, and it's good to know I can use wife's roaster with out fear of reprocusion.