Author Topic: Something other than cane  (Read 5059 times)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: Something other than cane
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2017, 12:14:14 pm »
Chundoo/German pine. They should weigh up a bit more that POC and are a bit tougher.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2017, 06:47:48 pm »
Thanks for the info Guys.....If I remember right the raw shafts at 32" were around 390 gr. range. and the spine I know was 50-55# .  I want these to shoot out of my feather backed, osage, static recurve bow.  At my draw it pulls about 50#.  Last night I bare shafted one and it showed weak.  I know that bow shoots an arrow harder than the poundage, and the second shot after cutting off 1/2" broke the shaft. I ended up cutting them another 1/2" off and using a 125 gr point to get good flight.  I think 100 gr points would shoot even better and I hope to get some at the Classic.  I'm out of 100 gr. 11/32's at the moment and can't cut anymore off the shafts.  These are going to be pretty simple looking arrows but they fly like bullets out of that bow and I hope to get some pictures up in the next few days. I'm thinking they are going to really improve my groups compared to my cane arrows.
Thanks a bunch Mike!!
DBar   
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline Stixnstones

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2017, 07:31:34 pm »
No problem buddy... so glad they're workin out for ya. Can't wait to see the finished product.
DevilsBeachSelfbows

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2017, 09:13:16 am »
Bill those POC arrows of mine that you shot from that bow down at your cabin were 29.5", 50# on the spot and had 125 grain tips. They flew perfectly from that bow if I remember right.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.