Author Topic: Pics-new arrows to lose at the Classic  (Read 6420 times)

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
Pics-new arrows to lose at the Classic
« on: April 27, 2008, 10:17:44 pm »
Here's some arrows I've been working on, hopefully I come back from the TN Classic with a few still left.  ;D They all fly good.

These are native cane, wild turkey fletched with store-bought dyed cock feathers. They average about 550 grains +/- overall, good flying arrows.

These are made from some Japanese arrow boo that Tom B gave me. Canada goose with store-bought cock feathers.They match well with the cane ones, just a fuzz lighter.

Here's a mixed bag of stuff I've been playing with: three cane Eastern Woodlands style variant two-fletched arrows, One arrowwood viburnum shoot fletched with guineafowl feathers in the Southeastern Indian radial style (three whole feathers laid on flat) and finished with bear grease, and a spiral flu flu. One of the two-fletched arrows has one of Kenneth's nail-and-brass points, and another has a wooden field point I made from a piece of scrap osage.

Here's three Jap boo arrows that my better half Tina made, did them all by herself with a little coaching. these are the first arrows that she's made by herself, she did a good job on them.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2008, 10:34:12 pm by Hillbilly »
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Pics-new arrows to lose at the Classic
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008, 11:03:14 pm »
Very nice. I'm looking forward to loosing some with you guys. I hope Cody made at least 2 dozen for himself! ;D  Tina did a nice job with hers also.   I really like the guinea fowl 3 fletch.
Your osage points look good too. Don't you like Kenneth's style?     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2008, 11:10:58 pm »
Pat, thanks. Yep, I really like Kenneth's points. You gave me three a couple years ago and I had forgotten about them until I was digging around through my arrow-making stuff yesterday and found them. They fly good, have good weight, and are easier to put on than regular field points. This one had a node near the tip, so I just heated the end of the nail red hot and pushed it right in. Those guinea feathers are some that Tina picked up over at Powder Creek last year, I'd like to have some more of them.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2008, 11:14:00 pm by Hillbilly »
Smoky Mountains, NC

Dingleberry

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2008, 11:15:58 pm »
Dang those are nice...real purty.   man, I got to get to makin some more so we can equally lose em. ;D    You got alot of that bear grease?

Offline david w.

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2008, 11:16:50 pm »
WOW Hillbilly those sure are purty! ;D
These pretzels are making me thirsty.

if it dont go fast...chrome it - El Destructo

Offline Little John

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2008, 11:42:56 pm »
Wow Steve, really nice arrows. Maybe you had best stalk up close and make sure you hit foam, be a shame to lose any. Glad you like the nail points, will get a bunch made up for the classic and share them around. Never thought about heating the nail and pushing in, I have had to drill out the boo before to not split the shaft. How does the guennie  fletched one fly?    Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2008, 11:55:42 pm »
Those are sweet!....Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2008, 12:09:35 am »
Dang Steve - that stuff in top shelf! Makes my stuff look primitive ;D. I'd be scared of loosing any of em, or even scarring em up - including Tina's ;D..
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Little John

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2008, 12:25:21 am »
Yep we will let you shoot from the cub pegs.   Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2008, 12:27:41 am »
Thanks, guys. Jonathan, gotpart of one jar left, need to catch me a bear. Kenneth, Yep, I'd love to have some more of those. The heating works great, pushes in easily. The guinea fletched one flies good-those radial fletched arrows are great and easy to do. Paul, they're just sticks, made to shoot, break, and lose in the bushes.  :)
Smoky Mountains, NC

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2008, 12:28:31 am »
Kenneth, I already shoot from the cub pegs if no one's looking . I still miss. ;D
Smoky Mountains, NC

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2008, 01:28:56 am »
Cowboy, We consider it either recycling or an offering back to Mother Earth. ;D  Don't hurt so bad that way! ;) :'(     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Dustybaer

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2008, 04:15:16 am »
hillbilly, i've seen your workmanship before (on the arrow you gave me  ;D ) but it's still impressive what you come up with in an unattended moment  ;D  i particularly like the guineafowl one and of course the two-fletched ones.  ;D

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2008, 09:02:25 am »
Ahh, I need to start thinking about loosing and breaking em in a different light - think that may actually ease the pain a little, hadn't thought about that ;D.
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.