Author Topic: How do you shape the fades?  (Read 1789 times)

Offline bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
Re: How do you shape the fades?
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2023, 12:07:16 pm »
Funny story:  I ordered a set of round wood rasps from Amazon.  Yesterday I received my package, and it contained a set of bright pink, see-through lingerie.  Um...Thanks??? 

Somewhere there's a very disappointed young couple on their honeymoon, trying to figure out what to do with these wood rasps...

That is funny. Hopefully mrs. badger can make use of them.

I do mostly like Eric. I usually leave the area right out of the fades a little stiff til late in the tillering process.

I usually leave my handle wide and blocky until then to. It just makes it easier to clamp in my vice that way

Then I draw it out and use farriers rasp and half moon bastard file to get it the shape I want. Being careful not to remove to much from limb right out of the fades.

When I get the shape I’m looking for then I start to tiller the area right out of the fades.

Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2023, 03:10:17 pm »
Funny story:  I ordered a set of round wood rasps from Amazon.  Yesterday I received my package, and it contained a set of bright pink, see-through lingerie.  Um...Thanks??? 

Somewhere there's a very disappointed young couple on their honeymoon, trying to figure out what to do with these wood rasps...

What size?  Open for a trade?   ;D
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline WhistlingBadger

• Future Expert
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2023, 04:24:35 pm »
Sure--whatcha got?   ;D ;D
Thomas
Lander, Wyoming
"The trail is the thing, not the end of the trail.
Travel too fast, and you miss all you are traveling for."
~Louis L'Amour