Author Topic: My cup runneth over  (Read 5300 times)

DBernier

My cup runneth over
« on: June 06, 2008, 02:59:44 pm »
I love books. Especially ones on history. I am into the F & I War period but like it all. A short while back, a year ago, I was looking at a new book I had acquired, "The Great Peace" published in Canada. In it among other items was this really neat wooden Voyagers cup. Well I just had to have one. I put it on my to do list for this summer. While surfing the net lo and behold someone had beaten me to it. I purchased it and it was a good copy of the one in the book but with no carving etc. Well I can never leave well enough alone so I carved a sun burst, a sturgeon, a snake and a turtle. I stained it walnut and sealed it. I think it came out nice. I have wood to make two more for friends of mine.  Raise your cup and "here is to us".

Dick

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 06:09:58 pm by DBernier »

Offline DanaM

Re: My cup runneth over
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 03:07:58 pm »
Wow! Your talents are incredible Dick. That is just beautiful. :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 03:23:11 pm »
I've done some rev war reinacting, i made a cup like that a few years ago only mine dose not have such beautiful carvings on it..
 your cup is more than a cup, very nice work.
Mililani Hawaii

Offline Otoe Bow

• Mike Chase, Afghanistan
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2008, 04:28:07 pm »
D you do great work.  Thanks for sharing.

Mike
So far, I haven't found any Osage or knappable rock over here.  Embrace the suck

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2008, 10:35:17 pm »
  Beautiful Dick, Man, you have a lot of talent
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2008, 10:57:55 pm »
That is beautiful Dick, keep up the good work. Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

DBernier

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2008, 06:44:09 am »
Thank you all for the nice comments.  :-[  I really like seeing "stuff" you all make for yourself and your friends. If it is OK with the moderators   ;D  I think I will start a thread in the "Anything else" section. I'll call it, "Things that I have made". I would hope that all of you would post things that are in your stash that you have made in the past and are making right now. As it is called, "Anything else" would it violate policy to post things such as steel knives, horns, FL pistols, accoutrement's, bags, leather work, neat stuff etc.? I for one enjoy seeing the other "stuff" you guys have made. Lets me steal, oops,   :-[ borrow and maybe embellish your idea with permission. I truly believe we, as a whole, are a community of some of the most skilled craftsman in the world and in particular us Abos stuck in reliving the past. Its 5:11AM est right now and my wife and I are going Bass fishing. I'll start a post when we get back if I do not receive any objections from the moderators. Please let us do it folks.   :-*   Remember some of the things may not relate "directly" to Archery etc. but should be "consistant" with life and articles we used  in the past. How about it guys. Are you up for it? I want to see what other talents you got. And I know you got them---I've seen them.  ;)

Dick: showoff #1. Just can't leave it alone.

Offline DanaM

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2008, 08:30:57 am »
Dick you go right ahead and start a thread, already lots of things posted over there like knives and such.
As a matter of fact I have two knives I'm finishing and then will be posting them.
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2008, 09:48:43 am »
Awesome work, Dick. And definitely start that thread. Guys, Dick makes some of the most unbelievable stuff, he's quite the talented craftsman to say the least.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline TRACY

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2008, 09:52:01 am »
Really great work! I can appreciate the time and effort invested.

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2008, 10:06:42 am »
I too think it's a Good Idea...and have some things to add to it in the Future also

As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

DBernier

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2008, 12:28:57 pm »
OK Guys, I'm back and here we go. I'm gone to "Anything else".

Dick

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2008, 08:52:58 am »
Dick, I know I'm late contributing to this thread...just wanted to compliment your beautiful work on the cup. I'm inspired by all the talented folks here! :)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...