Author Topic: My first shooter  (Read 6350 times)

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
Re: My first shooter
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2008, 07:56:25 pm »
 Paul...that isnt cracks in the Sinew...I put the Glue on so damned thick...it cracked!!! Didnt know about P.A. when I made that one
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2008, 09:55:40 pm »
That's alright Mike - just ribbing ya a little :). Would have had to change my drawers if I'd heard my first sinew job crack on the first draw, or second ;).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline FlintWalker

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2008, 10:03:53 pm »
I remember that one Micheal.  That's the one you showed me while you were coaching me on sinewing my first one. It sure is ugly ;D But...looks can be decieving. I bet it shoots good.
Be thankfull for all you have, because no matter how bad you think it is...it can always be worse.

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2008, 10:49:57 pm »
That's alright Mike - just ribbing ya a little :). Would have had to change my drawers if I'd heard my first sinew job crack on the first draw, or second ;).

This Puppy still Snap Crackles and Pops when you draw it.....shot it again today ....it's a Beast to Pull....and send an Arrow damned near all the way through my Morrell Outdoor Range Bag!!!
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline Jesse

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2008, 11:05:04 pm »
I gotta take a picture of my first bow. it was about 8 years ago I made it. Not sure what kind of wood it is but I cut down the first straight tree I saw ;D
it has masive set because it has been strung for 7 years above my buddies fireplace at the cabin :D. We shot it last year for a joke and it pulls like 10# at 28". the profile doesnt change a bit with the string off after 7 years strung :D I gotta get a picture of it so you can get a real good laugh.
   Jesse
"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere."
    --Frank A. Clark

Offline cracker

« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2008, 08:16:50 am »
Hello everyone
  Thanks for sharing your first bows. It's a real treat to see those first pointy stick flingers. I hop some more folks can join in .Ronnie
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?