Author Topic: Finely ready.  (Read 6431 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: Finely ready.
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2008, 09:10:05 am »
Papa I got the shafts from Mike Yancey ,then  tapered the nock end out about 7 inches
to bring them into spine weight for my bow.They are heavy and shoot great. Pat as good as things look I can always use a little luck.I have hunted them long enough to no there are no sure things
even if there are lots of deer and lots of sign,all the little things have to come togeather when
you use the stuff we all hunt with.  :) Got my trade points sharpened last night and shot the Cains and shoot shafts ,still looking good,that is what I am planing on starting with. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline ballista

• freedom isnt free
Re: Finely ready.
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2008, 09:18:20 pm »
hey pappy,
   thats a great stand from what it looks like, and god the arrows are beautiful too ;D. one question, im pretty sure thr tradepoints are glued in, but what do you shoot to prevent the boadheads coming out? i hunted with a blowgun for up until 2 months ago, then i started really geeting all my longbows sealed and whatnot, but my broadheads from the blowgun always popped off and they were glues with epoxy- maybe a watermelon? good luck, bow season starts october first! this day has been on my calender for months!!
Walk slowly, with a big stick. -Ted Rosevelt.