Author Topic: On the stand in TN  (Read 3376 times)

Ranger B

On the stand in TN
« on: October 23, 2008, 02:21:35 pm »
Well, I didn't get a shot today but it was quite an eventful morning.  I hit the stand about an hour and a half before daylight and within about 30 min a deer walked under my stand and then over the hill.  At daylight the turkeys came off the roost and another coyote began the morning chase.  He came by but never gave me a shot.  About 8:00 a big doe and a yearling came by and then at 8:45 a 4 pointer started walking to me.  When he got about 20 yards in front of me he stopped and began looking down the ridge.  Soon I saw movement and horns.  It was a good 6 pointer.  The 6 pointer worked his way up to the 4 pointer and then sparred a while but never gave me a shot.  Eventually they walked off and I called it a morning.  Another exciting day in the stand....

Offline TRACY

Re: On the stand in TN
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 02:29:10 pm »
That's a successful hunt in my book! That Hackberry bow was probably glad to get a breather ;D

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline Sparrow

• Who shot cock robin ? I said the sparrow.
    • Dream Fish Charters
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2008, 03:09:06 pm »
 Yep ! that sounds like a Great morning. Raining like a cow peein' on a flat rock here.Work on my BL stave some more.  Frank
Frank (The Sparrow) Pataha, Washington

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2008, 08:15:05 am »
Sounds like you came within a few yards of #6 to me, but an exciting hunt for sure.

I hunted yesterday afternoon and saw four behind my house. The last two I screwed up and they caught some movement. They exited in a hurry and blew the whistle on me letting all deer within hearing distance know to stay away from the area. :-[
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Ranger B

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2008, 03:46:52 pm »
I dove into the rain this morning in hopes that one would move but no such luck.  I saw on squirrel and one coyote and that's it.  I did go to Pappy's and debone that buck and chase rings on an osage stave.  There's fresh osage on the ground at Pappy's  ;D ;D

Offline ballista

• freedom isnt free
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2008, 10:36:53 pm »
 I've seen one deer this entire year ranger, you'e on # 5 correct?? thats insane. but its good ya didnt shoot, rather have a good chance at a good shot than a good chance at a miss or worst, gut shot. good luck man, -jimmy
Walk slowly, with a big stick. -Ted Rosevelt.