Author Topic: two-fletch-one more  (Read 20848 times)

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
Re: two-fletch-one more
« Reply #45 on: December 28, 2008, 02:38:15 pm »
  Welcome, The wrap is ostrich sinew and deer backstrap sinew. The two fletch was used by a lot of Native American people. It is fairly quick and easy to make and these two arrows fly perfect out of my 60# sinew backed Osage bow.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

xbow

« Reply #46 on: December 28, 2008, 03:34:03 pm »
Wicked cool, I wanna learn that! is there some place on the internet that someone can point me to learn how to do two fletch? Is the boyers den alright? Like said in my previous post I am Scadian ( in the SCA) I used to do armoured combat but have since move on to archery. To make a long story short (too late) I have a big roll of artificial sinew (waxed nylon). Although not authentic will this do for a start?
Do you glue the fletch or are they tied on like medieval arrows?
Thanks in advance and thank you Mullet for your welcome.
xbow

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #47 on: December 28, 2008, 05:00:10 pm »
This is the best place to learn everything and anything about primitive archery. Artificial sinew is just fine but make sure you supper glue the sinew wrap at the front and back to secure it better since the artificial sinew does not shrink and the wax will make it slide a bit when you shoot it. I use artificial sinew all the time.

Nope, you do not need to spiraly wrap the feathers to make them stay in place. This is a majorly easy and quick way to fletch arrows and you can use feathers other than the primary feathes to fletch arrows with this way.

Have fun!
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #48 on: December 28, 2008, 07:22:14 pm »
  Go to page 7, in this section(arrows), 10 threads down,"help with two fletch,pl".  Explore some more in the back pages of this section, there are some more.
Lakeland, Florida

xbow

« Reply #49 on: December 31, 2008, 02:16:28 am »
Fantastic, thanks for the info. :)

Offline majsnuff

• Shoot low boys the bad guys are riding ponies.
« Reply #50 on: January 07, 2009, 11:26:54 pm »
Awesome arrow, and those heads are outta this world. I can tell I need lots more practice.
keep it simple
make it fun

xbow

« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2009, 12:22:57 am »
Thanks Mullet and Dtiller, your info is much appreciated. I have never felt so welcomed into a community as I have here. Y'all rock

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #52 on: January 12, 2009, 02:41:52 am »
Glad your having fun with the site and the gang here. I found this site a few years ago and made a bunch of good friends through it.
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

3Bows

« Reply #53 on: January 18, 2009, 02:41:44 pm »
Eddie:
Where can I get some cane?  I'm over here in St. Augustine and I'm wondering if it can be found around here.  I've got my own turkeys in the backyard, so feathers aren't a problem.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #54 on: January 18, 2009, 02:56:56 pm »
3Bows, you should be able to find all sorts of cane near you. Look along the fresh water rivers, drainage ditches and the woods along the roads...and in your neighbors yards.     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #55 on: January 18, 2009, 09:03:50 pm »
 3bows, like Pat said. The closer you get to Ga. the better for cane. It doesn't grow down here where I'm at. Or look for Bamboo.
Lakeland, Florida