Author Topic: Hunting Arrows  (Read 10992 times)

roofus

Re: Hunting Arrows
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2008, 10:33:23 am »
Kind of a no brainier ;D
Hey has anyone ordered feathers from Rainbow?
I ordered 100 a couple of days ago and they seemed to be courteous. Just wondering?
The price is right. $8.00 for 100 3"-5" leftwing parabolic die cut. The only draw back is that you get what they give you as far as color and length.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 10:38:40 am by roofus »

Shooter_G22

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2008, 06:41:39 am »
Roofus,

i have tried numeroiuse times to call them and have even left msg's and have not been able to get a hold of them...

i too was wanting to try and get some of those 100 feather batches...  at that price even if you get all 3" off color like pink or purple or something wierd like that its not a bad price and should still be a bargain...

how did you get a hold of them to order???

roofus

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2008, 12:51:21 pm »
I agree. If the colors are off but light, you could always over dye them. Out of 100 if 10% match that is 5 arrows worth and then you just have to pick a cock feather and dye it black or just go with odd colored cock feathers. Comes out to about $.18 per arrow. At 8.00 plus shipping $3-$5 per hundred that's alot cheaper than I can get them locally. (unfortunatly) I like to support the local guy, but I also have a budget.

I got the number off of thier website and called them. It was busy for awhile so I put them in speed dial and got through after about 5 minutes.

roofus

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2008, 07:54:30 pm »
Here's a pic of the spine tester I built. Not pretty for sure but it is very simple and it works.

Based on the 26" span and 2# rule.

[attachment deleted by admin]