Author Topic: Dade City Knapp-in  (Read 17876 times)

Offline stickbender

Re: Dade City Knapp-in
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2008, 11:35:20 pm »

Knap, the cold weather, just fires up their appetite.  They want to keep warm, so they go for the warm blood !

Wayne

Offline piper

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2008, 06:54:15 am »
That would be the one there Mullet..Thanks for the offer..I hope to meet most of you guys down there..I lived in Haines City in 03 and 04..Was working at the Osprey energy center in Lake Land..I would go down to Plaint City to the Bike show once a month..If I ever left Western N.C. thats where I would move..
It's hard to ride two horses when you only have one ass

Western North Carolina

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2008, 08:05:48 am »
  Well if it's Dade City there is no problem with the bugs. It's the one in North Fl where they will eat you.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline piper

« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2008, 08:10:50 pm »
Is the Dade City knapp in a good one to go to?This will be my first one in Fla...no bugs would be a big plus...

Curt

Western North Carolina

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2008, 10:36:31 pm »
 Yup.......I went a coupla times, once with Eddie a few years ago. Thought it was very nice........bob

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2008, 12:16:30 am »
  The one in North florida was really big last year and I think it was the first time. It replaced the Paynes Prairie Primitive event and that was big. The one in Dade City is getting bigger every year. I met Bonepile there last year, and Twistedlimb was there and Claude of course. My buddy Rick Swarze will be there along with Jeff selling some A+ coral and Rick just got back from Texas and New Mexico getting rock. I'll probally camp this year and play with making bows , and boo arrow shafts. I need to have a clearance sale in the shop.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline piper

« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2008, 10:17:39 pm »
CENTRAL FLORIDA FLINT KNAP-IN

FEBRUARY 20-22, 2009

WILL BE HELD AT PASCO COUNTY'S  WITHLACOOCHEE RIVER PARK

12449 WITHLACOOCHEE BLVD.

DADE CITY FLORIDA 33525

PHONE 352-567-0264

(ON SITE CAMPING IS AVAILABLE)

I was looking around on the Inter net and can upon this...LOOKS like there will be a weeks void between the two Knap-ins..Thats not good for the vender's is it  ? ? ? ?

Curt

Western North Carolina

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2009, 11:43:14 am »
Maybe not, but you probably won't get as big a crowd on Valentine's Day weekend- the divorce attorneys would like it, though. I can just see it: "Oh, come on honey, it's hard to find a more romantic weekend getaway than a knap-in, you'll love it"........;D
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Tom B

« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2009, 01:43:17 pm »
HB let me know if u r going. i could use a road tripnsome fun

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2009, 01:53:41 pm »
  The downside is that's the same weekend as the Alifia River Rendevous.
Lakeland, Florida

Offline stickbender

« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2009, 02:03:16 pm »

Rats!  I want to go to the knap in, and the Rendezvous.  I guess I will have to go one day at each. >:(

Wayne  :(

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2009, 02:06:34 pm »
   That's what I plan on doing ,now. You can usually get some good Osage at the Rendevous. Or pose for picture with Vinson dressed up like an Indian, for a small fee :D
Lakeland, Florida

Offline stickbender

« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2009, 02:10:56 pm »

I was there one Sunday afternoon, and there was some guy dressed up like a mohawk, running around and yelling like a ......well like a "wild Indian".  Maybe too much fire water.  Or mexican parsley in the Kinne kinick, or however you spell it.  Was that him by any chance?  I don't think I want my picture with that.  Might end up on the internet, with pictures from Fantasy Fest. ;D :D

Wayne

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2009, 02:16:15 pm »

I was there one Sunday afternoon, and there was some guy dressed up like a mohawk, running around and yelling like a ......well like a "wild Indian".  Maybe too much fire water.  Or mexican parsley in the Kinne kinick, or however you spell it.  Was that him by any chance?  I don't think I want my picture with that.  Might end up on the internet, with pictures from Fantasy Fest. ;D :D

Wayne
[/quot

"Wild Indian ?" Ya wanna think about that fer a second and explain it ta me ?...bob

Offline stickbender

« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2009, 02:30:23 pm »

"Just a phrase to describe the scene"  No offense meant......I have a little Cherokee blood running my veins myself. ;D

Wayne