Author Topic: Southeastern four fletch  (Read 9374 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Southeastern four fletch
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2008, 11:03:02 am »
Thanks guys. It's fun trying the primitive styles of fletchings. They all work well with a little practice. I have been going through back issues and have found 3 different primitive styles so I will play with them to improve my execution of the styles.   Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline TRACY

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2008, 10:16:06 pm »
Glhttp://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php/topic,9861.0.htmlad to see you giving it a try. Keep us posted with your findings.

Tracy

It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Dustybaer

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2008, 08:24:17 am »
NOW i get it.  first i thought the feathers (or at least one) were split, so they can form an X, but they're only bent.  you tricky devil, you.  >:D

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2008, 09:01:24 am »
Marius, I'm not the tricky one just the plagiarizing one! ;D  I noticed yesterday that if you lay the feather up side down the feathers fold better and give a better 4 fletch appearance and a better fletching effect.     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Dustybaer

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2008, 02:53:40 pm »
ok, go ahead and confuse me again.  what do you mean by "upside down"?  or did you mean "inside out"?  ;D

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2008, 03:15:00 pm »
Yes, inside out! ;D Try it up side down and see what happens. ::)   

Dustybaer

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2008, 03:27:01 pm »
hehe, nice try.  ;D

Minuteman

« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2008, 10:36:45 pm »
Alright Pat, ya got my head in a twist too. (Went back and looked again)OK the #012 pic shows it. They arent an X they are two V's. OK.
 Neat! :)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2008, 11:46:23 pm »
Yep! 2 "Vs"  ;D  It took me a while to figure it out after reading the PA article a few times. ::)   This arrow is very quiet in flight despite the tall fletchings. I guess being as short(lengthwise) as it is(3" to 3 1/2") that helps to eliminates the sound and being softer feathers(tail or secondary) helps also.

Offline PeteC

« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2008, 08:37:02 pm »
Pat, now  that's neat!I like it. I missed that one somehow.Thanks for sharing. God Bless,and Merry Christmas
What you believe determines how you behave., Pete Clayton, Whitehouse ,Texas

Offline cowboy

• Paul Wolfe. Springtown, TX
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2008, 11:32:27 pm »
Well, now there's a cool concept and arra. I get it now "the two V thing" ;D. Took a minute to wrap my head around that. Learn somethin every day - thank ya Pat :).
When you come upon a track or trail you do not know, follow it to the point of knowing.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2008, 12:01:32 am »
I've read the article about this fletching style in PA for a while and finally after seeing it posted here recently I went back and reread the article and looked close to the pics and it hit me. I guess I was trying to over think it!  ::)    Pat