Author Topic: first foreshaft arrow  (Read 17317 times)

Offline PeteC

Re: first foreshaft arrow
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2008, 01:09:43 pm »
Great lookin' arrow Pat.I agree with you.The foreshaft is great for both adding weight to cane,and gettin' more weight forward. Good job!!.   Merry Christmas and God Bless
What you believe determines how you behave., Pete Clayton, Whitehouse ,Texas

Offline Woodland Roamer

« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2008, 07:50:54 pm »
That's a good loking arrow Pat.

Alan
Alan Shook-Taylorsville NC

Bring back the Stone Age!

Offline majsnuff

• Shoot low boys the bad guys are riding ponies.
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2008, 11:27:06 am »
Pat, that is one cool arrow I especialy like the fletching job. How long is that foreshaft? I just started on foreshafts also, but I have been making mine from Rosewood doweling, total foreshaft is 4" with 2-1/4" inserted into the cane shaft. Also, I seat mine with a shoulder on the foreshaft that is the same diameter as the cane. I am beginning to think that this shoulder is just extra work.

keep it simple
make it fun

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2008, 11:50:15 am »
Sweet looking arrow Pat. Not only cane with foreshaft, but two fletch beside.  I like it a lot.  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2008, 11:54:51 am »
The fore shaft on this arrow is about 5 1/2" long. I don't think the length matters too much. It was a piece of a sourwood shoot I had cut for arrows but was too small in diameter. All I did was taper the end of the foreshaft as I would for a glue on head and a tapered socket in the cane and use super glue to attach it. This is the way others have shown me. I made it so the foreshaft comes out when shot into an animal. The way you have done it would prevent the foreshaft from coming off. That isn't necessarily a problem, just different.  
   Justin, these simple primitive methods work well and fit better in our type of archery.     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC