Author Topic: knives  (Read 13158 times)

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
Re: knives
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2008, 11:08:26 am »
Man, those are slick. That ulu is cool, don't see many of them. And the ugliness just comes with the gene pool, how in the world could we be purty if we're even remotely related to something that looks like you? ;D It's a good thing you can knap that good and build all them purty bows and stuff, since you sure ain't gonna get rich in the modeling business. ;D
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline DanaM

« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2008, 11:40:20 am »
Ulu? I thought it was a Bat-A-Rang :D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Badbill

« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2008, 11:52:08 am »
I like them all! but my favorite is the one in the second close up with the fluted wood handle. SWEET!

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2008, 02:14:53 pm »
  Dang it Hillbilly! I think I'd be insulted if I didn't know that the distant Cuz' was a dead ringer for Earnest T. Bass.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2008, 04:17:30 pm »
Inspiring James.. the same insparaction i got 8 years ago when i seen your work..
Mililani Hawaii

Offline John K

« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2008, 07:23:33 pm »
Very nice ! I have something to shoot for now........to be that good at knapping  8)
The only way to fail is to never start !

Offline stringstretcher

• Traditionalarcherycommunitysite.com
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2008, 08:36:20 pm »
Man, how does one go about getting into that family....simply beautiful

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2008, 08:43:13 pm »
Wow James! Those are awesome! Really like the dacite(Danish?) dagger....Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline sailordad

« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2008, 10:51:22 pm »
  Dang it Hillbilly! I think I'd be insulted if I didn't know that the distant Cuz' was a dead ringer for Earnest T. Bass.

i had a great uncle that looked exactly like ernest t. bass.i mean dead on ringer,could have been twins
i always wanted a harley,untill it became the "thing to ride"
i ride because i love to,not to be part of the crowd

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2008, 05:42:52 am »
Beautiful bunch of work,wished I could get on your Christmas list. ;) ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline stickbender

« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2008, 09:54:37 pm »

Hillbilly, if it wernt fer them Parkers, the rest of us would not be so too pretty good looking.  Whut with usin them as a comparison, and so forth.  I heard that one family of them Parkers, were so ugly, that when they went huntin they didn't take anything, to shoot with, they just " uglied " the critters to death.  They would see a squirrel, or rabbit, or deer, or whatever, and they would hide their face, and then when they were close enough, they would just look up at the critter, and it would just fall over dead.  The old man is still huntin, but his wife had to quit.  As she got older, she got uglier, and when she uglied the critters, she was tearing them up too bad. ;D ;D  No offense meant to the various clans of Parkers, that are scattered about.  Especially those that made the old Parker Brothers shotguns, one of which I have, and the Parkers who made  ;)those pens...... Now about them knives......Absolutely beautiful. ;)  Those are going to be some fantastic Christmas Gifts.  If flattery will help, I will be more than glad to change the above story, to another name......Eddie doesn't need one, he can make his own.  I on the other hand, am still a rank amateur, and would hold, and admire one of those knives, especially one of the daggers, with the Ulu.  I would love it, and hug it, and I would call it George......I hope you have a very Merry Christmas, and there is something wonderful under your tree, tomorrow.

;D ;D Wayne  ;D ;D

Offline james parker

• Global Moderator
    • huntworthyproductions
« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2008, 10:34:07 am »
thanks all you guys,i hope santa brought eddie and hillbilly some new paper bags,and a couple crayons,then they can look like anybody they want.merry christmas all...............james

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2008, 11:29:07 am »
That might help some with Eddie, but by gawrsh, I'm man-purty. ;D
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2008, 11:33:42 am »
That might help some with Eddie, but by gawrsh, I'm man-purty. ;D

........... :D I gotta lay back down NOW ! ;D...........bob

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2008, 12:22:48 pm »
James, I know I'm not related but I am one of your ugliest friends! ;D You told me that yourself.
  Hope you, Becca and Gabriel have a very Merry Christmas. I bet Gabriel was a wildman this morning.
  Alan told me that ya'll have an unwrapped package that you will open in a few months. Congrats!!!  8) 8) 8)     Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC