Author Topic: Any Primitive Archery Groups in Ohio?  (Read 36288 times)

OsageBender

Any Primitive Archery Groups in Ohio?
« on: December 28, 2008, 02:53:10 pm »
I was just wondering if there are any primitive archery groups in Ohio.  I live in the NW part of Columbus.  Thanks.

old foul dude

Re: Any Primitive Archery Groups in Ohio?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 07:31:58 am »
I'm curious about that too, but I don't see any responses. I live in Morgan county Ohio, thats in the hills about 40 miles north of Marietta. A fella 10 miles south of me has a nice 3D range set up on his farm. Maybe we'll have to start up a club. Any others interested? I live within 8 miles of 140,000 acres of public hunting land. Good place to roam with a bow. ???

Offline Ohio John

• personal home page
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2009, 02:17:04 pm »
I'm up in Columbus but would drive most anywhere if I'm free. You guys ever try the OSTA? Its an ohio group though mostly lam bow guys and lots of fiberglass. I went on their rabbit hunt and had a great time.
I like to throw rocks at em..... just like my grandfather's, grandfathers, grandfather's, grandfather's, grandfather did

Offline Ohio John

• personal home page
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2009, 11:48:42 am »
I just bought a place in Muskingum county annd would be more than willing to host any time you fellas want to get together and make an Ohio Primitive Archers Society happen..... The OSTA is pretty cool but we might have more fun with a primitive hunt club....  I'm always looking for knapping and bowmaking buddies
I like to throw rocks at em..... just like my grandfather's, grandfathers, grandfather's, grandfather's, grandfather did

Indy

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2009, 05:23:18 pm »
OSTA used to be a pretty large and fun organization,..I was part of it but lost touch several years ago.
Had campouts and weekend long shoots on private courses and campgrounds....always had a great time even if i only made it to the shoot but especially when I camped.
Was sort of a travelling trading post too, everything from bows to flint could be found....even had one member toss me a few pounds of ground wild boar for the breakfast campfire....

Offline chasing crow

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2009, 08:41:38 pm »
Hey guys, I'm from N.E. Ohio. If you ever put a primitive shoot together I'd sure be interested.
Chasing Crow 
We know more than we think we do. Pass your knowledge on to our youth

Offline HoBow

• The choices we make dictate the lives we lead.
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2009, 09:41:05 pm »
Ill be moving to Cinci in a couple of months (actually the Kentucky side of the river)
Jeff Utley- Atlanta GA

Offline TNBuckeye

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2017, 08:20:49 pm »
I just moved back to Ohio from living in TN for the last 8 years. I have been wanting to get into primitive archery for awhile. I have been sitting on the side lines watching. I am thinking of jumping and trying to build a bow this winter.  If anyone is thinking doing a primitive get together and don't mind a new guy tagging along. I would love to see what I can learn.

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2017, 06:06:06 pm »
What part of Ohio you in
I am in the north west part
my favorite is the Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous up in Marshall Michigan
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline Hawkdancer

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2017, 10:45:52 pm »
Maybe you can "bribe" Calendergirl(Marie) to run a search for Ohio members and get a group going.  Won't help me much, but I may do the same for the mountain region - but we got wide open spaces!
Hawkdancer
Life is far too serious to be taken that way!
Jerry

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2017, 01:22:12 pm »
I usually go to the July OSTA ( Ohio Society of traditional Archers ) shoot so maybe we could all meet up at it and see how it goes from there
I will post sometnig in events if that is agreeable to you folks
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline TNBuckeye

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2018, 08:09:21 am »
I am in NE Ohio.  Medina, OH Just south of Cleveland. I am in the infant stage of bow building so any tips you all have I will gladly take. I am hoping to build my first bow this spring.

Offline buddyb

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2018, 07:13:59 pm »
I just moved back to OHio and am very interested in a primitive club, although I'll need to make me a bow first lol.

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2018, 08:52:42 am »
Ill be moving to Cinci in a couple of months (actually the Kentucky side of the river)
Be good to have you join us here in Kanetuckeee
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2018, 08:54:37 am »
What part of Ohio you in
I am in the north west part
my favorite is the Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous up in Marshall Michigan
+1 what Guy said
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking