Author Topic: Gift for a Friend  (Read 18877 times)

knightc71

Re: Gift for a Friend
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2009, 08:03:50 am »
I'll see if I can get him to make you one, Dana!! 

Thanks Zander!  If it wasn't for my husband I would have never gotten into this.  It really makes me happy to finally get to make things with my hands.  I have always enjoyed making things for other people, but just never really found what I liked until now.  It's great!!!

Sorry Billy, but I can't make them everyday!!  I have another job to do too!!!

Offline DanaM

« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2009, 08:14:56 am »
I'll see if I can get him to make you one, Dana!! 

Good idear Cora, have David make me one :) Just put it on the honey-do list eh ;)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

knightc71

« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2009, 08:18:01 am »
Not a problem!!  That list keeps getting longer everyday!!!

Offline nugget

• I see, I hunt, I shoot, I eat
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2009, 11:46:38 am »
Very cool . Got to make me one of those hickory half round pieces. Nice workon the arrows. Now we know where Dave gets his skill ;D
TJ
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Offline knightd

• www.primalneedarchery.com
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2009, 01:29:16 pm »
Very cool . Got to make me one of those hickory half round pieces. Nice workon the arrows. Now we know where Dave gets his skill ;D
TJ
:o :o :o.... :D :D

Offline DanaM

« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2009, 03:33:46 pm »
Why you sneaky little sh#$, they showed up at my house today and the pictures don't do them justice. Incrediblly
beautiful arrows Cora, I thank you from the bottom of my heart :)

For the rest of ya their mine, mine, mine, mine, mine ;D

Will get a picture up for ya all to gloat over >:D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

knightc71

« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2009, 07:42:46 pm »
Dana, I'm very glad that you like the arrows.  It's just a small token of my appreciation for the maple stave that you sent me. 

David helped me rough it out today and I will be working more on it this week and even more this weekend.  (Weather permitting!!)  I will start a build along on the bow.  Well, IF I'm able to pull it off, it will be a bow!!! ;D

Offline stickbender

« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2009, 09:54:20 pm »

Knightc71;
     If that bow turns out anything like those arrows, it will be more than "a Bow" !!  And speaking of arrows, hmmm, I wonder when Dana goes to work, and if he has an alarm system...... ;)

Wayne

Offline DanaM

« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2009, 04:18:48 am »

Knightc71;
     If that bow turns out anything like those arrows, it will be more than "a Bow" !!  And speaking of arrows, hmmm, I wonder when Dana goes to work, and if he has an alarm system...... ;)

Wayne

Wayne I do have an alarm system, 2 vicous, mean hell bent Yorkies ;D Then there is the wife and she's even meaner ;) :D
Can't wait to see your bow Cora, if you pay attention to detail on it like you did with the arrows it should be fabtabulous, just don't let David mess ya up eh ;) :D

Manistique, MI

Offline stickbender

« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2009, 01:53:11 am »

Ok, Dana, you can have the arrows!  I don't want two savage Yorkies, acting like a couple of sewing machines on my little skinny legs, or a wild Yooper Woman from the Great White North, blasting away, with a shotgun, as I am trying to run in the snow, with just my tenner shoes for traction.     So have you shot them yet?  The arrows, not the Yorkies.  Or you just sitting there petting them?  The arrows, not the Yorkies.  So what does the Wife have to say, about you get'n gifts from anutter woman eh?  Better tell her, dat you had her ship dem to you so dat ya could send dem to me, fer a Chrismus gift, and so den maybe you should get busy and get dem in da mail hey? ;D ;D ;D
                                                                 Wayne

Offline DanaM

« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2009, 06:51:30 am »
Nope haven't shot dem yet, the yorkies nor da arra's, and Yup been setting there petting them the arra's that is.
Wife's a little jealous so I'm shipping her to you with her shot gun. Start running now Wayne >:D ;) :D

Manistique, MI

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2009, 07:46:40 am »
Beautiful arrows,your friend should like them. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline DanaM

« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2009, 09:06:43 am »
Beautiful arrows,your friend should like them. :)
   Pappy

I like them very much Pappy ;) :)

Manistique, MI

Offline Scowler

« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2009, 11:32:01 am »
Sweet looking arrows.  I love the black to red fade toward the front of the shafts.

knightc71

« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2009, 03:19:41 pm »
Thanks guys!!  I'm really glad that everyone likes them.  Especially you Dana!! 

You need to stop petting them and get to shooting them!!! :D  I guess they look good but, what I really want to know is how well they shoot!!!