Linked Events

• Annual Tennessee Classic: May 01, 2009 - May 03, 2009

Author Topic: 12th annual Tn. Classic who's coming  (Read 418712 times)

Offline TRACY

Re: 12th annual Tn. Classic who's comming
« Reply #120 on: January 13, 2009, 12:04:20 pm »
Pappy and crew, Just wondering if you guys ever have some work weekends for folks that live within driving distance to come down and help with the labor and prep for event. I would be willing to donate some time and labor helping out if you need it. Just a thought, I know you guys hit it pretty hard getting ready for this event.

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #121 on: January 13, 2009, 02:08:52 pm »
Tracy, we've never really asked for help prior to the Classic, although we have asked for some help during the Classic if someone had extra time and wanted to help newbies with their bows. We usually are shorthanded in that category.

I think I can safely speak for Pappy and say...come on down, or up as the case may be. ;D This coming weekend we have a club meeting, and later BigA and I and Bob from Tn.Trad. Arch. Assoc. are going to a local church event to support the kids archery shoot. Within the next few weeks we will be working on getting hickory staves ready for the Classic. That involves laying out the bow on the stave, roughing it in using a band saw and rasps, then any straightening and reflexing using forms and heat guns. In the past we've tried to have between 20-30 bows to this level.

We also work on the archery course of course. ;) It would be fine for you to come down some weekend or even Friday night if you'd like and spend the night and help the next day do something.
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline TRACY

« Reply #122 on: January 13, 2009, 03:21:41 pm »
That sounds great Greg. I think I'm only 4-5 hours away to the North of you and would enjoy helping out where help is needed. Really trying to keep the Classic dates open this year so I can finally make it down there in May. I'll keep in touch and find a weekend where you guys could use some extra hands and help.

Thanks, Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
  • Sorry Officer, I was just gathering "materials".
« Reply #123 on: January 13, 2009, 03:54:14 pm »
If all goes well I'll be there.  I'll be sleepin' in my van.....just me....no family...no rawhide eatin' dog....no honeydo's......Can't wait!! ;D ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]
Any critter tastes good with enough butter on it.

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas
Youtube: JackCrafty, Allergic Hobbit, Patrick Blank

Where's Rock? Public Waterways, Road Cuts, Landscape Supply, Knap-Ins.
How to Cook It?  200° for 24hrs then 275° to 500° for 4hrs (depending on type), Cool for 12hr

Offline DanaM

« Reply #124 on: January 13, 2009, 04:55:09 pm »
This is shaping up to be the best yet :) Looking forward to seeing folks again and meeting more of ya from the board.
VB is gonna call tonight and were going to try and finalize plans ;D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline cracker

« Reply #125 on: January 13, 2009, 07:59:24 pm »
Hey Pappy I'd love to help out while I'm there it would be recreational activity to me. I'll peel taters tote fire wood or what ever.Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #126 on: January 13, 2009, 08:56:28 pm »
If all goes well I'll be there.  I'll be sleepin' in my van.....just me....no family...no rawhide eatin' dog....no honeydo's......Can't wait!! ;D ;D

Patrick.........Got a Half a Tent open.............. ;) ;D
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline RG

« Reply #127 on: January 13, 2009, 10:59:03 pm »
Looks like a good one taking shape ( Greg meeting is the 24th)  Tracy we have a great bunch of guys and galls that put this thing together but always look foward
to visitors and will always put someone to work

Ron

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #128 on: January 14, 2009, 07:18:25 am »
Tracy thanks for the offer,Like Greg said we always need help at the Classic and would love to have you get involved.As for before I am down there most every weekend and you are welcome anytime
and I am sure we would find you something to do. ;) Ya it looks like we are going to have a good crowd and I am sure we will have a big time.Looks like we are going to have several early in the week also ,that is always fun ,before the crowd.Get some quality time in the shop and around
the fire.Hope we can get good weather this year for a change but what ever we get it we will
get by.See yall soon. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #129 on: January 14, 2009, 08:31:35 am »
Thanks Ron, Anthony was thinking it was this Saturday. We or at least I will come down Saturday anyway, we need to get some stuff to carry to the church event... ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #130 on: January 14, 2009, 08:45:38 am »
Got some new fliers for the TN.Classic and or regular shoots,also some older PA magazines. I
am sure we will come up with some other stuff to take.Wished I could make it. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline DanaM

« Reply #131 on: January 14, 2009, 10:26:52 am »
Looks like two Yoopers will be there on Tuesday. Yup bringing reinforcements this year ;)
And if El Destructo shows that'll be 3 Yoopers ;D Hope yer up for ut Pappy ;)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline JackCrafty

• Global Moderator
  • Sorry Officer, I was just gathering "materials".
« Reply #132 on: January 14, 2009, 11:46:27 am »
Destructo...Awesome....Thanks!  I'll need a place to stash my staves, shoots, cordage, rawhide, sinew, rock collection, and firewood. ;D ;)
Any critter tastes good with enough butter on it.

Patrick Blank
Midland, Texas
Youtube: JackCrafty, Allergic Hobbit, Patrick Blank

Where's Rock? Public Waterways, Road Cuts, Landscape Supply, Knap-Ins.
How to Cook It?  200° for 24hrs then 275° to 500° for 4hrs (depending on type), Cool for 12hr

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #133 on: January 14, 2009, 12:28:42 pm »
3 yoopers,man I don't know about that, ;D ;D are they all like you. ???  ;) ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline TRACY

« Reply #134 on: January 14, 2009, 12:42:11 pm »
Thanks Pappy and King Ron.

Tracy