Linked Events

• Annual Tennessee Classic: May 01, 2009 - May 03, 2009

Author Topic: 12th annual Tn. Classic who's coming  (Read 418627 times)

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
Re: 12th annual Tn. Classic who's comming
« Reply #150 on: January 16, 2009, 01:26:03 pm »

Yeah, 10 pages of fun and counting!  :)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #151 on: January 16, 2009, 08:30:54 pm »
...to 11   ;D
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline DanaM

« Reply #152 on: January 16, 2009, 09:44:51 pm »
11 pages of fun and 8 of em are about Yoopers ;D Now thats a lasting impression eh y'all ;)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline cracker

« Reply #153 on: January 16, 2009, 10:13:59 pm »
11 pages of fun and 8 of em are about Yoopers ;D Now thats a lasting impression eh y'all ;)
Its a good thing Dana don't know about all of the tactical p.m.s that are going around.
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline david w.

« Reply #154 on: January 16, 2009, 10:34:53 pm »
This will be my first time meeting a yooper.  Will I ever be the same?
These pretzels are making me thirsty.

if it dont go fast...chrome it - El Destructo

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #155 on: January 16, 2009, 10:50:21 pm »

Not if you are LUCKY.......David!!!!

O:)
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Caveman

« Reply #156 on: January 17, 2009, 01:13:11 am »
I know this is about the tn classic but I was just wondering if there were any bushcraft gatherings in or close to north alabama? I still have alot to learn and do before I go competing

pugpen

« Reply #157 on: January 17, 2009, 01:22:13 am »
Hey, guys, I don't post on here much, but I thought I'd put my 2 cents in. I camped next to "cracker" last year and he's a darn good cook. At least it was good then. Pappy, I'd like to help in any way I can this year. Just let me know when I get there what you need me to do. It'll probably be Wed. or Thur. before I can get there, though. David

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

« Reply #158 on: January 17, 2009, 01:52:51 am »

Not if you are LUCKY.......David!!!!

O:)
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Ya mean UNLUCKY dont ya ?

Offline DanaM

« Reply #159 on: January 17, 2009, 08:27:30 am »
David not sure if you will be lucky or unlucky to meet a yooper, up to you decide, I just happen to be a reguular guy that
is proud of where he lives and the history and traditions of the Upper Peninsula. The UP is good place to live, no big cities, lots of
woods and water, low crime rates, neighbors that willingly help each other out, you pump your gas before paying for it and the attendant
isn't cowering behind bullet proof glass, if ya break down on the side of the road someone will stop to help ya, not rob, rape and/or kill ya.
On the downside their ain't many jobs and we have real winters.

Looking forward to meeting you and your dad :)

As to will you ever be the same, after
experiencing pappy's place and all the fine folk from all over this country, the hospitality, food,
and comraderie I think you will be changed for life.
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline david w.

« Reply #160 on: January 17, 2009, 10:48:44 am »
I was just kidding :D

The UP looks like a real nice place from all the pictures Ive seen. i would like to go there someday.  My dad said it was beautiful up there
These pretzels are making me thirsty.

if it dont go fast...chrome it - El Destructo

Offline DanaM

« Reply #161 on: January 17, 2009, 10:52:28 am »
I know you were kidding David ;) :) Its different than want many people think

Manistique, MI

Offline Little John

« Reply #162 on: January 17, 2009, 12:36:17 pm »
Pappy you are right about the magazine doing the classic proud. About the best issue yet.  Long trip for me but can't imagine missing it, will have to see how things shape up with money and the work schedule. Again hoping to enjoy this fine event and all the best folks any where.   Kenneth
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline cracker

« Reply #163 on: January 17, 2009, 12:38:05 pm »
David not sure if you will be lucky or unlucky to meet a yooper, up to you decide, I just happen to be a reguular guy that
is proud of where he lives and the history and traditions of the Upper Peninsula. The UP is good place to live, no big cities, lots of
woods and water, low crime rates, neighbors that willingly help each other out, you pump your gas before paying for it and the attendant
isn't cowering behind bullet proof glass, if ya break down on the side of the road someone will stop to help ya, not rob, rape and/or kill ya.
On the downside their ain't many jobs and we have real winters.

Looking forward to meeting you and your dad :)

As to will you ever be the same, after
experiencing pappy's place and all the fine folk from all over this country, the hospitality, food,
and comraderie I think you will be changed for life.
Dana da UP is a lot like the deep south except for the weather. I'd dare to say that you would prthatobably fit in pretty well cept for having to listen to a bunch of yankee jokes.Oh and you would have to give up some sweat to survive the 98 degree 98 percent humidity in the summer. Jobs are getting tight here also. Other than that its just peachy in Bartow Ga.Ron

Offline cracker

« Reply #164 on: January 17, 2009, 12:41:56 pm »
Gotta agree with some of the others the magazine did a smash up job for the classic. You can't buy advertising like that.It was like being there all over again for those of us who were lucky enough to attend. My hat is of to the magazine folks and the Twin oaks bow hunters.
   Ronnie