Linked Events

• Annual Tennessee Classic: May 01, 2009 - May 03, 2009

Author Topic: 12th annual Tn. Classic who's coming  (Read 418736 times)

Offline DanaM

Re: 12th annual Tn. Classic who's comming
« Reply #180 on: January 18, 2009, 12:20:29 pm »
It's all about the journey and not the destination!   I hope the destination is never achieved because then the fun is over!
   If I could only go to one archery event a year , the Classic would be it! 8)  You will learn more about building wood bows and be able to discuss wood bow building with some of the best wood bow builders around...and you will walk away with a feeling of accomplishment and a beautiful bow you made yourself. Throw in eating good food, laughing until your belly hurts and best of all becoming a member of the Primitive Archer family; what more could you ask for.

Pat don't forget the thrill of meeting a real live Yooper ;D Sorry couldn't esist :P
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline cracker

« Reply #181 on: January 18, 2009, 12:22:15 pm »
It's all about the journey and not the destination!   I hope the destination is never achieved because then the fun is over!
   If I could only go to one archery event a year , the Classic would be it! 8)  You will learn more about building wood bows and be able to discuss wood bow building with some of the best wood bow builders around...and you will walk away with a feeling of accomplishment and a beautiful bow you made yourself. Throw in eating good food, laughing until your belly hurts and best of all becoming a member of the Primitive Archer family; what more could you ask for.

Pat don't forget the thrill of meeting a real live Yooper ;D Sorry couldn't esist :P
Is it gonna be in captivity or is it ferral? >:D
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #182 on: January 18, 2009, 12:39:05 pm »
Last year we kept it in a cage and took turns poking it with sharp sticks.   ;D
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline DanaM

« Reply #183 on: January 18, 2009, 12:57:26 pm »
I've been house trained since last year, but I still bite once in awhile
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Brother Dan

« Reply #184 on: January 18, 2009, 04:37:18 pm »
   The Ohio boys will be there, all my brothers, Bear, Steve, Tom and myself and maybe Bubba. probably Tuesday, unless Bear gets a hair up his butt and he comes down the Saturday before, like he did last year. King Ron, put them Yoopers up on the hill, then we can still say their up north. Hope thirty pack is still liveable, could you bomb it for us and vacuum all the lady bugs out. Get one of the youngin's to do it and I'll pay them for it. hope to come down in Feb. or Mar. to work on my bow, I will let you know.

Brother Dan
Cleves, Ohio

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #185 on: January 19, 2009, 03:02:24 am »
Heck Greg, Forget the wine. Lets build a steel!!!!
Mililani Hawaii

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #186 on: January 19, 2009, 06:50:39 am »
Thanks guys for the complaments we do try to see everyone feels welcome and at home, Yall have become like family to me and can't wait to see you again.Hillbilly,Pat,Dana,Kenneth,cracker,Dan and several others,TwinOaks needs yall on the advertising board, ;) :)Thanks a bunch.See yall in May. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Caveman

« Reply #187 on: January 19, 2009, 07:36:22 am »
so let me see if i got this right. in a nutshell, its a bow building, archery competition with other skills either being taught or at least utilized by those there? good skills, good ppl, and an all around good time? does that cover it?

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #188 on: January 19, 2009, 07:55:10 am »
Yep,that will about do it. You forgot about the Yooper in the cage. ;) ;D ;D
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #189 on: January 19, 2009, 08:30:23 am »
I saw the latest PA issue over the weekend and they sure did an outstanding job promoting the Classic...we really do appreciate it! Also appreciate all the nice comments you guys made concerning the event.

I think one of the main reasons that the event is successful is that our hobby just seems to attract good folks! Yeah, that includes Yoopers as well!  ;D The bow-making and all the other primitive stuff going on is great, but the time spent with friends and meeting new friends is the best part I think. I'm lucky in that I get to spend a lot of time at the club and enjoy friends and hobbies year round. It seems though, that Twin Oaks is most alive during the Classic! Everyone is leaving whatever problems life may be throwing at them behind at home, and are just enjoying the good company and comradarie. ;)

Heck Greg, Forget the wine. Lets build a steel!!!!
Jesse, I saw a documentary on moonshining over the weekend and was taking notes. Don't really fully understand about that "thumper" tub that makes a thumping sound and leaves behind any impurities in the high octane steam... ;D
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #190 on: January 19, 2009, 09:55:40 am »
Greg, that wasn't Popcorn Sutton on the documentary, was it? He lives near me- made an instructional video about likker making a while back, now he's in jail for some reason.....:)
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline John K

« Reply #191 on: January 19, 2009, 10:51:02 am »
Wow ! 13 pages now. Hillybilly i seen that show on Popcorn..pretty good.
I gave my Dad his bow last night and he really liked it, were going to do some shooting tomorrow night.

Marius, if you show up, i'll have plenty of PBR !!
The only way to fail is to never start !

Offline DanaM

« Reply #192 on: January 19, 2009, 11:18:02 am »
Yep,that will about do it. You forgot about the Yooper in the cage. ;) ;D ;D
   Pappy

Hey Pappy you could charge folks 50 cents to poke a Yooper with a sharp stick and make a killing ;D

Manistique, MI

Offline John K

« Reply #193 on: January 19, 2009, 11:35:08 am »
I'd pay 50 cents to poke a yooper with a stick  ;) :D
The only way to fail is to never start !

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #194 on: January 19, 2009, 11:47:52 am »
OK Dana,are you volunteering.If so I will put you down for Friday and Sat.I will give you Sunday off so you can recoup for the trip home. Sounds like a great Novelty to me.  :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good