Linked Events

• Annual Tennessee Classic: May 01, 2009 - May 03, 2009

Author Topic: 12th annual Tn. Classic who's coming  (Read 418582 times)

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
Re: 12th annual Tn. Classic who's comming
« Reply #330 on: January 29, 2009, 08:05:52 pm »
                                      You couldn't force me to be 15 again...now 25....that I could live with!!!
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #331 on: January 29, 2009, 09:38:49 pm »
I'm with the Long Haired Hippy Biker on this one!

I'm off Tea now Grant and onto Coffee. Seems that was not what was upsetting my stomach. Just as long as its not that Starbucks crud they try to pass off as coffee. Man thems burned beans!

Still checking out the hunting license stuff. Seems like Turkey is considered a BIG GAME animal. Jumps the license up from $51 to $175 smoozers!!! Man that smarts!!! One bird $175. Lets see...I think I can purchase 12 or more tame ones in the grocery store for that price. Man that is sticker shock!!!  I think you can hunt all other game with the license though. But dont think I will be arround to do it in the fall.  >:(
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #332 on: January 29, 2009, 10:24:05 pm »
 Like I told somebody else, it's cheaper to beg wild game and fish than have fun getting it yourself. If you hunt to eat and not because you like doing it, than the grocery store is cheaper. And it's not about the killin'.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #333 on: January 29, 2009, 11:36:32 pm »
I know that Eddie. But, its the principle of the thing that gets me. Its a dumb bird that is fun to hunt! But, it'll cost ya!! :o
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

« Reply #334 on: January 29, 2009, 11:40:55 pm »
 A turkey is not a from a dumb bird by any stretch of the imagination.

Manager

« Reply #335 on: January 30, 2009, 12:08:32 am »
When the jar has won? That has never happened! I think the Feb issue was fabulous, and I hope it helps you all keep growing! Just hope that there aren't any tornadoes.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 10:13:37 am by SarahAnne »

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #336 on: January 30, 2009, 01:50:03 am »
Who's not there? SarahAnne I just cant follow. 

Yep, remember one touched down last year about a mile or so away. Didn't even wake me up!

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #337 on: January 30, 2009, 05:50:45 am »
Ha Sarah good to hear from you and also I thank yall for the article,it was great.  ;) ;D
Tiller I will have you something,and it ant 1 Turkey it's 4 if you are Lucky/good enougt to
take them.Our Lic. go from Feb. through March and include Deer season so if a man can make 2 trips it ant bad.I think they have a 7 day but ant sure what it cost. :) When are you planing on coming in ?
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #338 on: January 30, 2009, 12:32:14 pm »
I'll be arriving at the airport there about 3 something on the Tuesday before the Classic.  Think I'm going to rent a car this time so I can go see one of your famous homes of your whiskey brewers and maybe even head over to some of the other sites for a side trip. Plans are completely open though!

Offline cracker

« Reply #339 on: January 30, 2009, 05:28:11 pm »
I'll be arriving at the airport there about 3 something on the Tuesday before the Classic.  Think I'm going to rent a car this time so I can go see one of your famous homes of your whiskey brewers and maybe even head over to some of the other sites for a side trip. Plans are completely open though!
Hey Tiler that sounds like fun. I have always wanted to take a tour. Maybe if I fell in a storage tank I could drink my way out. Look out liver.Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #340 on: January 30, 2009, 06:35:27 pm »
Now 4 birds might be worth it Pappy!

Ron, how would ya like to join me on the tour? Maybe we can get a few other guys to join us. We will have to do some type of short straw for the designated driver though!

Offline cracker

« Reply #341 on: January 30, 2009, 07:40:03 pm »
Tiller
   I thought you'd never ask. sounds like a plan.Maybe some of Pappy's crowd can recommend some other sights.
Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #342 on: January 30, 2009, 07:45:55 pm »
Now 4 birds might be worth it Pappy!

Ron, how would ya like to join me on the tour? Maybe we can get a few other guys to join us. We will have to do some type of short straw for the designated driver though!

Hell Yeh Tim......I'm up for that too....but if I draw the Short Straw....gunna be hard to get Ya all on my FatBoy!!!
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline DanaM

« Reply #343 on: January 30, 2009, 08:42:53 pm »
Jack Daniels Distillery is in a dry county so I wouldn't count on free samples :o
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline D. Tiller

« Reply #344 on: January 30, 2009, 09:00:06 pm »
Well, might still be fun to visit. Anything close in to Clarcksville?  Bet they dont even allow them to sell at the distillery either!  ::)