Linked Events

• Annual Tennessee Classic: May 01, 2009 - May 03, 2009

Author Topic: 12th annual Tn. Classic who's coming  (Read 418585 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: 12th annual Tn. Classic who's comming
« Reply #375 on: February 03, 2009, 08:48:50 am »
Cool Cracker,May just me and you till Tuesday evening unless GregB shows up early.Don't
know of anyone coming in Sunday like last year. :) No telling what we might get into. ;)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline DanaM

« Reply #376 on: February 03, 2009, 09:54:12 am »

Yoopers are easy to control, just give em a beer and a pasty :D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline John K

« Reply #377 on: February 03, 2009, 11:11:29 am »
My Dad and i are planning on showing up sometime Tuesday, if everything goes as planned  :)
The only way to fail is to never start !

Offline Keenan

« Reply #378 on: February 03, 2009, 12:43:07 pm »
 Greg I think Tiller still has some of the cow patty special, Since most the deer are getting used to being around cattle I think it might work well ;D
 Juniper Junkie and I are talking over plans to come down. But since my parents live in NE Texas Lulyn and I might go there and then drive up for the classic, still bouncing ideas. How far is it from just north of Tyler (Yantis,Texas)

Just found the thread and sounds like it will be a hoot just watching people. ::)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #379 on: February 03, 2009, 12:56:52 pm »
Don't know for sure how far that is but maybe Cowboy or somewhere from close to there can tell you.I think I have a brief case that belongs to you anyway,probably cheaper to drive and get it rather than mail it,it's heavy.We would love to have yall and I am sure you would have a great time.
The address to the farm is 1079 Ashley,Rd. Chapmansboro,TN. 37035 if you want to map quest it
and see how far.This is great. :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Keenan

« Reply #380 on: February 03, 2009, 01:24:42 pm »
 Thanks Pappy. Just hang on to the brief case. The idea was to have some of our talented knappers on this site,put their refining scars in that blade, as it is still fairly crude and just roughed out,so we are planning on working it down some more when we get there. And would like others help  to as well. ;)

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #381 on: February 03, 2009, 01:50:06 pm »
Keenan, I've never knapped a point out...could I start out by giving that one a good wack!  ;D I'll close my eye's before my swing to let fate take over. ;D
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Manager

« Reply #382 on: February 03, 2009, 02:28:55 pm »

Ohh..I want to learn how to knap!! 

Offline Keenan

« Reply #383 on: February 03, 2009, 02:33:07 pm »
  Uhhhh ::) ::) ::) ::) ??? ??? ??? ??? >:D  I've heard that super glue is real good for fixing overshots :D

Manager

« Reply #384 on: February 03, 2009, 02:34:24 pm »

??????  what???  I already made a bow.  I want to do something different....

I will be there :)

Offline Keenan

« Reply #385 on: February 03, 2009, 02:39:36 pm »
 How's that saying go  For bigger flakes, take a bigger bite and a bigger swing :o   Sarah I'm sure we could find a big hammer stone for you to use. ;D   Looking forward to meeting all of you ;)

Offline DanaM

« Reply #386 on: February 03, 2009, 02:45:46 pm »
Hope no one tries to take over my work bench :o  :P :D

[attachment deleted by admin]
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Keenan

« Reply #387 on: February 03, 2009, 03:01:08 pm »
As long as you promiss to sing da dirty point buk song wez might stay aways frum it

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #388 on: February 03, 2009, 03:35:00 pm »
Pappy I think I started a trend. There seems to be a larger and larger migration of those from the West ending up at Pappys ranch in May. Hmmm! Maybe we should call it "The Great Eastern Migration!"

Keenan, that would be fantastic if you and Juniper could make it out there with us. It will blow your mind!!! Oh, by the way if the doc. still has you on pain killers you wont need them as the spring water out there works just as well if not better!  ;D

Guys, wait till you see some of the work both Keenan and Dave Cheney do. Its really cool!  Dave (IE: Juniper Junkie) if you are flying in on Tuesday evenning let me know and we may be able to go in dutch on a rental car if ya like.

Pappy, I'm bringing my favorite bow making too with me this time. The grand ol' Ferriers rasp! Guaranteed to take off excess wood so fast your head will spin!

I will also bring my knapping kit. Anyone bringing some nice stuff to break? I think my tools are still dented from last years bashing. Man, you guys sure like the tough stuff! Keenan, wait to you see james work some of the rholite and tough quartzite. Makes me cring just thinking on how hard he pounds that stuff!!!!

Hey, I just thought of something. Anyone want to do a heat treating demo? I would really like to learn how its done. If we can start on Tuesday evenning it should be ready by Thursday morning???

Ok, I need to head back to work!

David T
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline cracker

« Reply #389 on: February 03, 2009, 04:42:54 pm »
Cool Cracker,May just me and you till Tuesday evening unless GregB shows up early.Don't
know of anyone coming in Sunday like last year. :) No telling what we might get into. ;)
   Pappy
Pappy
I'll be looking forward to it. Maybe I'll bring a couple of  big ol honkin rib eyes to throw on the grill.Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?