Linked Events

• Annual Tennessee Classic: May 01, 2009 - May 03, 2009

Author Topic: 12th annual Tn. Classic who's coming  (Read 418630 times)

Online Jesse

Re: 12th annual Tn. Classic who's coming
« Reply #465 on: February 15, 2009, 12:35:18 pm »
Kenny you dont have to ask where the Yooper is. It will be very clear who the yooper is when you get there ;D.  Just for your information there are a few basic rules when dealing with yoopers. Its not a good idea to give them candy. They can get hyper. Offering a yooper free beer is the best way to make friends with them. If a yooper passes gas in front of you dont be offended its their way of saying you are now friends.  :D 

"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere."
    --Frank A. Clark

Offline DanaM

« Reply #466 on: February 15, 2009, 03:14:42 pm »
Funny Jesse real funny ;) I guess after 24 hours in da truck with me ya know a little about Yoopers eh ;) :D
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Online Jesse

« Reply #467 on: February 15, 2009, 04:04:55 pm »
couldn't resist ;D
 I almost cant wait to get down there. Think I might try the selfbow challenge this time.
"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere."
    --Frank A. Clark

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #468 on: February 16, 2009, 06:20:05 am »
Sounding good,hope you can make it Kenny,I know you will like it.Like Dana said it is $20.00
to register for the self bow challenge and there is a lot of wood around to trade for or buy.
We have Hickory for sale at 25 to 40 $ but there are a lot more around.Depending on what you want. So much is given away I couldn't keep up last year.All me and Greg are trying to do is cover cost for the shop.Hope everyone understands that.Any other time I would give you the wood and work in the shop for free. It is kind of what keeps us going for the year.  ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #469 on: February 16, 2009, 08:06:29 am »
If a yooper passes gas in front of you dont be offended its their way of saying you are now friends.   
I think Dana made friends with just about everyone he met! ;D  That is true about Dana making a lot of friends...but I don't know of him having to pass gas to do it. ;) I do believe the part about offering a yooper a beer to seal a friendship though. :)

What kind of demonstration's have folks signed up for so far? Wasn't Tiller going to cook rocks with Mullet? I don't remember after that...need to get a list together.
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #470 on: February 16, 2009, 01:27:40 pm »
I will be working with Eddie on the rock cooking thing. Please dont come looking for me if you break all the teeth in your mouth after trying my rock caserole! I hope to also be doing a demo on sealing your bow with beeswax and pine rosin.
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline venisonburger

« Reply #471 on: February 16, 2009, 02:54:55 pm »
I was going to comment on the gas passing thing, if that were the case I'm makin friends everytime I lift move my leg. oops, I just made another friend, "hey friend... why are your eyes watering?" I think the gas is caused by the rutabaga's that we eat in our pasties and our venison consumption not to mention the beer that washes it down.
I'm willing to be the full plate poster child if you need a break Greg. It would probably make a better picture than me trying to break rocks although they're both pictures of an event you can lose fingers in.
VB

Offline cracker

« Reply #472 on: February 16, 2009, 04:51:57 pm »
I will be working with Eddie on the rock cooking thing. Please dont come looking for me if you break all the teeth in your mouth after trying my rock caserole! I hope to also be doing a demo on sealing your bow with beeswax and pine rosin.
David where you gonna get the rocks?
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #473 on: February 16, 2009, 05:05:56 pm »
Why, you! Of course Ron!  ;D
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #474 on: February 16, 2009, 05:31:42 pm »
                                       David....next you will be wanting His Tent.............. ::) ;D ;)
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline cracker

« Reply #475 on: February 16, 2009, 06:31:42 pm »
Why, you! Of course Ron!  ;D
Seems like your muscelin in on my raquet.Maybe I'll have the boys in my tent pay you a visit.

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #476 on: February 16, 2009, 07:14:15 pm »
Seems like your muscelin in on my raquet.Maybe I'll have the boys in my tent pay you a visit.
[/quote]

Dirty Deeds ......Done Dirt Cheap!!!!!!

Or as My Daddy always say.....fer a Nickle I will!!!

>:D
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline cracker

« Reply #477 on: February 16, 2009, 07:28:20 pm »

Dirty Deeds ......Done Dirt Cheap!!!!!!

Or as My Daddy always say.....fer a Nickle I will!!!

>:D
[/quote]Never let it be said that Don Ron don't know how to repay a favor. How about a nice steak dinner and a free beer?

Offline DanaM

« Reply #478 on: February 16, 2009, 07:41:22 pm »
Did I hear someone say FREE BEER ;D My favorite brand eh ;)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline cracker

« Reply #479 on: February 16, 2009, 07:51:50 pm »
Did I hear someone say FREE BEER ;D My favorite brand eh ;)
You were mistaken Dana. Hearing must be goin on ya eh.