Linked Events

• Annual Tennessee Classic: May 01, 2009 - May 03, 2009

Author Topic: 12th annual Tn. Classic who's coming  (Read 418651 times)

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
Re: 12th annual Tn. Classic who's coming
« Reply #615 on: March 03, 2009, 05:24:09 am »
I will contact Chad Weaver,he said he had 2 he could bring.I think I told to bring 1 but I will check to be sure. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #616 on: March 03, 2009, 08:00:47 am »
I have one I can bring from my mother's house...getting the bath room redone.

What I'm not sure about... is do we just use the tank, or would you guys prefer to use the toilet-bowl as well...for knapping I mean?  ;D
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #617 on: March 03, 2009, 01:50:43 pm »
I have some johnstone left over from the camp-o-rama I can bring.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #618 on: March 04, 2009, 05:35:24 am »
Cool sounds like we will have enough.
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #619 on: March 04, 2009, 08:50:21 am »
So, who's building a bow during the Classic?  ;D Just kidding, I think I've already asked that question a couple of times now at least!

How about another topic such as food...not that I like to talk about eating, or enjoy eating, or anything along those lines. But I do know that there are folks out there that do enjoy cooking and eating, so...what's on the menu guys?

Eddie has already mention collard greens, pineapples, and hogs...Jesse-S I think is planning to bring some of that squeaky cheese like he brought last year, what was those wrap's that Dana brought last year? Cracker mentioned some steaks...We'll have some venison for sure and maybe we could whip up some cornbread. Any other cookin' thoughts goin' on out there? ;)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 01:01:50 pm by GregB »
Greg

Offline DanaM

« Reply #620 on: March 04, 2009, 09:13:33 am »
Dem were pasties Greg :) Think I'll bring some of da lutefisk this year ;)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #621 on: March 04, 2009, 10:00:30 am »
Gregg.....If you can help Me out.....We can Make Pasties there at the Classic....I will do it...if I can get your Help....wont be no Biggie for two Big Eaters Like Us to Make and Finish Em off too!!!! ;D
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline cracker

« Reply #622 on: March 04, 2009, 12:35:38 pm »
Wow for someone who has no interest in food Greg displays amazing detail when talking about what folks are bringing. I'll probably bring some other stuff like i did last year. Maybe some Vidalia onions they grow em not to far from my home.I'll also see what else I can come up with I have several bottles of homemade cane syrup for out pancakes. Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline leapingbare

• http://www.flintknappers.com/jessewright/
« Reply #623 on: March 04, 2009, 12:59:34 pm »
Oh man guys, that knapping tent looks good.
We just need to drop a tarp or two to keep the flacks from mixing with the gravel.

Mmmm Real food sounds so good!
Mililani Hawaii

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #624 on: March 04, 2009, 01:04:40 pm »
Food and Rock! Who could ask for more?

Wish it was salmon season here so I could catch some and bring some. Bummer! Will look into what I can manhandle on the plane!

Dana, MMMMM!!! LUTEFISK!!!!! MMMMM!!!!! Did I mention there is a big Swede influence in my family? MMMMMM!!!!!  ;D
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #625 on: March 04, 2009, 01:08:19 pm »
Now I remember...pasties! El Destructo, I'm sure we can scrounge up a skillet or whatever you need...not that I'm planning on gorging myself or anything, just trying to think of others! ;D

Cracker, yeah...I don't know why certain tidbits of info stick in my brain when most things don't even slow down going through one ear and out the other (occasionally get caught in a cobweb maybe. :)).

Homemade pancake syrup sounds good...wish we had some of Grants famous banana foster to have with it! ;D Vadalia onions are always good!

What else...just so other folks besides myself will know. ;)
Greg

Offline DanaM

« Reply #626 on: March 04, 2009, 01:52:22 pm »
Greg pasties are baked, although I had a deep fried one once it was not good >:(

Ingrediants are basically flour, lard, taters,onions, rutabegas and meat, eaten with ketchup not gravy :)

I will find something to trow in the cooler maybe some venison brats and venison breakfast sausage and some good thick cut bacon from a local butcher.
Could see about getting some fresh whitefish to broil also :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
« Reply #627 on: March 04, 2009, 02:26:34 pm »
Vidalia Onions....them are texas Sweet Onions....what are they growing them in Georgia for Cracker???? As for Making Pasties...well ya just gotta have an Oven  Barbequed or Fried just won't cut it!! And ya gotta have Bagas....not them damned Turnips either....I can live with People putting Gravy on them....I just can't do it myself....Gravy aint Bad!!
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline DanaM

« Reply #628 on: March 04, 2009, 03:02:31 pm »
Gravy Mike I'm shocked :o :o :o :o Sounds like Blasphemy to me :'(

You've been in Texas too long ;) :D

Manistique, MI

Offline cracker

« Reply #629 on: March 04, 2009, 04:28:53 pm »
Vidalia Onions....them are texas Sweet Onions....what are they growing them in Georgia for Cracker???? As for Making Pasties...well ya just gotta have an Oven  Barbequed or Fried just won't cut it!! And ya gotta have Bagas....not them damned Turnips either....I can live with People putting Gravy on them....I just can't do it myself....Gravy aint Bad!!
Check your history thats a Ga thang.Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?