Linked Events

• Annual Tennessee Classic: May 01, 2009 - May 03, 2009

Author Topic: 12th annual Tn. Classic who's coming  (Read 418578 times)

Offline El Destructo

• Longhaired Crippled Hippie Biker And Proud Of It!!
    • Desert Sportz Primitive Archery
Re: 12th annual Tn. Classic who's coming
« Reply #1185 on: May 04, 2009, 02:04:08 am »
I got in at 10:20....made 986 miles in less than 14 hours.....but I didn't Speed either.... >:D....

It rained from Pappy's till I got to Fort Smith Arkansas...then it stopped....I didn't see a ray of Sunlight all day....oh wait a minute....I did see Cathy before I left....does that count.... ???

I had a great time Guys....glad everyone is getting Home Safely
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another.Why do you think we invented politics and religion.
Think HEALTHCARE Is Expensive Now,Wait Till It's FREE
Do Or Do Not,There Is No TRY
2024...We Will Overcome

Offline jamie

• born again pagan ,dirt worshipping heathen
« Reply #1186 on: May 04, 2009, 05:43:41 am »
wow its wierd when i read your posts, now i can hear your voices. funny part is its all the same voice but now i can understand it  >:D
"Man is a tool-using animal. Without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all."

waterbury, ct

Offline DanaM

« Reply #1187 on: May 04, 2009, 07:54:15 am »
the woodwhore is home ;D had a blast eh :)
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline GregB

• Greg Bagwell
« Reply #1188 on: May 04, 2009, 08:12:37 am »
Glad to hear everyone is getting back home safely! I think I was in bed by 7:00pm last night and was rudely awakened by the alarm this morning...back to work. :'(

Had a great time and want to think all the PA folks for helping out with the bow making...especially PatB and Mike Scott who I think spent as much time helping folks as BigA and I. I know for a fact that we got some folks and especially kids hooked and a lot of good performing bows were turned out. I wished mother nature could have given us a dry weekend, but it didn't slow us down much. Thanks again and I enjoyed seeing a lot of you again and making some new friends as well. Great hobby attracting great folks...Life is Good! ;)
Greg

A rich person can be poor monetarily, the best things in life are free...

Offline cracker

« Reply #1189 on: May 04, 2009, 09:29:29 am »
Strange how all the rain didn't seem to matter. Everyone would just pile up under the sheds and keep on having a good time. I quess it just concentrated the fun. Thanks to all the Twin Oaks folks for a great time. Thanks to Mike and his folks for keeping me fed also. I think I gained ten pounds while i was there.Ron
If we can't help each other what is the point of being here?

Offline TRACY

« Reply #1190 on: May 04, 2009, 10:01:45 am »
Absolutely wonderful event. Not nearly enough time to talk to everyone and do everything! Glad to hear everyone's making it home safely.

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #1191 on: May 04, 2009, 10:03:43 am »
Man, that was a good time, as always. I sure didn't want to get up to go to work today, wish the Classic lasted a month or so. :) Thanks again to all the folks at Twin Oaks for putting on the best event in the country-I'm already looking forward to next year. I've got many, many pics, I'll try to get some resized and posted tonight.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #1192 on: May 04, 2009, 10:11:53 am »
...and the winner is....

[attachment deleted by admin]
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline TRACY

« Reply #1193 on: May 04, 2009, 10:20:43 am »
Looks like Texas is dominating this event :D. Congrats Patrick.

Dana, you didn't leave venisonburger there so you could haul more staves home did you? :o

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #1194 on: May 04, 2009, 10:21:35 am »
Life sure is good!!!
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #1195 on: May 04, 2009, 10:23:29 am »
...eh Sarah?  ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #1196 on: May 04, 2009, 11:34:49 am »
Well, over here at Rons place waiting to head off to the airport to catch my flight home. Been a great time all the way arround. Spent time making bows, talking to friends, making new one and being overwelmed by all the great southern hospitality. Man the Twin Oaks gang is the best group of people arround! Especially the way I was so absent minded this week.

Pappy, I think I left a couple things there at the club I forgot to put away in my kit before leaving with Ron. I think they included my Knapping kit (Left on the bench where we were all talking last), my watch (Left on the bench in the Knapping pit?) and my shaving kit (Left upstairs in the cabin). Can you let me know if you find them? If so please let me know how I can get ahold of all that stuff again. I have no idea where my brain was!!!!  :o

Dana, jeesh what a haul of wood you came away with! I think I would have been the same if I could have gotten my pickup to Twin Oaks too.  ;D

Pat, thanks again for the wood billet and the cane shafting. Ron and I cut it down last night to fit in my duffel bag. That stuff is tough! I think its going to keep me in shafting for a good long time! I will be making you up some hunting points in the future to mount on some forshafts for next seasons hunting. Cant wait to get started on straightening those shafts!

You all remeber that nice bamboo backed bow I was building durring James course. Well, I was excersizing the limbs on the tillering board and just as I got it to full draw it hinged on me. To all those arround me at the time, sorry about the expletives that came out of my mouth! Not typicaly like me.  ::)

Big thanks to Ron and family for helping me out to and from the airport! I doubt I could have gotten to the Classic without their help.

There was so much going on I think my head was spinning! Cant wait till next year!!!  ;D
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Manager

« Reply #1197 on: May 04, 2009, 11:45:17 am »

Yes Pat??   O:) O:) O:)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 11:48:56 am by SarahAnne »

Offline D. Tiller

• Go ahead! Bend that stick! Make my day!!!
    • Whidbey Island Soap Co.
« Reply #1198 on: May 04, 2009, 11:47:10 am »
Shucks! I missed that!!!  :o
“People are less likely to shoot at you if you smile at them” - Mad Jack Churchill

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #1199 on: May 04, 2009, 11:53:48 am »
  Me too ??? :'(, but I heard about it :D
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?