Author Topic: Mohawk Indian Bows  (Read 17902 times)

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
Re: Mohawk Indian Bows
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2009, 03:38:20 pm »
Naw, just a traditional sinewed-belly bow.....;D  :P
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

coyote pup

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2009, 04:43:56 pm »
Yes, far be it from a man who actually uses reproductions of these weapons in a modern-day setting, to know anything about it more than the historian or anthropologist who set up the exhibit. Unbelievable!

Offline uwe

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2009, 03:51:41 pm »
Yes, and because of this lots of the old bows in museums were broken, because they didn`t know how to brace it the correct way.
Regards Uwe

Offline horatio1226

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2009, 08:14:35 pm »
When I went to the Iroquois Museum here in the Mohawk Valley to look at the bows, I was told that they don't have bows and arrows on display because of the children going through the museum. They didn't want them exposed to the "weapons".
You could see the exhibit of the Native American players in the Major Leagues, but no bows, arrows,or knives. They probably strung the bow backwards on purpose.

Offline Dane

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2009, 09:20:09 pm »
I guess it is time to ban cartoons too. Oh, the violence. :)
Greenfield, Western Massachusetts

Offline horatio1226

« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2009, 11:19:08 pm »
Odd how they can disregard such an important part of their culture, such as protecting and feeding themselves.

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2009, 11:55:38 pm »
When I went to the Iroquois Museum here in the Mohawk Valley to look at the bows, I was told that they don't have bows and arrows on display because of the children going through the museum. They didn't want them exposed to the "weapons".
You could see the exhibit of the Native American players in the Major Leagues, but no bows, arrows,or knives. They probably strung the bow backwards on purpose.
...                                                                                                                                                                   

......." Par for the course here " ta borrow an analogy. Modern times ya know..........bob

AKAPK

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2009, 04:35:25 am »
Who is making the Bow For Trade?

Offline horatio1226

« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2009, 01:50:51 pm »
Dane is making me one, but I am definitely open to offers.  It wouldn't kill me to have more than one draw weight or even a different style of bow.  I still have some staves.