Author Topic: HEMP twine/thread & 3 quick flemish string questions... (edited)  (Read 1905 times)

Offline wakosama

**found a alt.archery string FAQ that answers most of my questions. only have last question unless you want to comment**

I've got the finger twisting figured out and can do a tight loop and tight cord... now... the body of the string between the loops... how tight should it be twisted?   All the instructions seem to concentrate on making a jig and twisting the loops. 

I should serve the center.  Do you try to tighten the twist up in the center, under the arrow nock serving?

Forgot the bow weight ratio to string breaking strength.  Is it 1:4?

And has anyone had any experience with the hemp twine and thread on the market?  Mine's Romanian.  Untwisted some and the fibers seem fairly long and strong.  Darker than linen. ???

Thanks
Tom
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 04:35:20 pm by wakosama »
Think as if your LIFE depends on it... IT DOES...!

Offline Jesse

Re: 3 quick flemish string questions... & hemp twine/thread...
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 04:19:02 pm »
I cant tell you the exact number of twists but it shouldnt be twisted real tight.  Twist it to get your length but if it starts getting real tight and twirling up around itself you need a shorter string.  I dont know what you meen by tightening up the twist in the center for the serving. I just twist one end counter clock wise till its the right length then stretch the string good before serving it so you dont twist much if at all after its served.
"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere."
    --Frank A. Clark

Offline wakosama

Thanks Jesse... forgot about stretching when I was figuring length. nt
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2009, 11:17:46 am »
. :) :)
Think as if your LIFE depends on it... IT DOES...!