Author Topic: A Handy Nock-Layout Tool  (Read 5755 times)

Offline Eric Krewson

Re: A Handy Nock-Layout Tool
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2009, 10:38:52 am »
I like that idea, simple and precise.

Because I always use overlays on my bows I usually just cut a groove across the back for the long string. When I get to the short string I use the string as a guide to mark my side grooves. The little groove you see on the back of the nock is a stringing nock. I usually go to the short string about 20# over weight and can't string the bow without a stringer, too much poundage. I use the normal string nock on one end and my stringing nock on the other. The stringing nock is gone after I finish shaping the nock and don't need it any more.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2009, 11:41:33 am »
If my groove if off a bunch because of limb character, etc, I usually do as Eric shows with the string in the groove. 
   It is probably good to use a stringer for the first couple of bracing to lessen the chance of over stressing the bow before it is ready. 
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline armymedic.2

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2009, 12:28:39 pm »
hhhmmm, that coujld have saved me some trouble on my last bow.  since i had already piked it i ended up with some knocks that were a little...wide i'll say :}  thanks for your idea.
Some say freedom is free, well i have to disagree-
some say freedom is won, by the barrel of a gun.