Author Topic: In search of Horseapple's bow page...  (Read 5805 times)

Offline Easternarcher

In search of Horseapple's bow page...
« on: February 07, 2009, 12:39:32 am »
I think it was "Horseapple" (Hedgeapple) that had a really interesting website about the boo-backed bows he builds....can't seem to find the link. Anybody know it?

nickf

Re: In search of Horseapple's bow page...
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2009, 06:03:43 pm »
Can't find it either. I checked several links to it, searched for it via the groups.msn homepage, but the only thing I found was ferret's archery webpage, an very interesting site for sure, but it wasn't what you were looking for, right? ;)
greetings, Nick

Offline Ghost Dog

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2009, 07:58:31 pm »
hIIp://myweb.cableone.net/selfbows/
« Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 09:35:58 pm by Marc St Louis »
With a fine osage selfbow, my elkhide quiver filled with cedar arrows fletched with turkey, and with the invitation of the forest, I am about as happy as a man can be.

Offline Easternarcher

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2009, 09:02:02 pm »
Can't find it either. I checked several links to it, searched for it via the groups.msn homepage, but the only thing I found was ferret's archery webpage, an very interesting site for sure, but it wasn't what you were looking for, right? ;)
greetings, Nick
Nope, sorry......I think Ghost Dog has it....thanks

Offline Hillbilly

• I like tater tots.
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2009, 10:42:03 am »
Joe Don had one of those MSN sites with some build-alongs on it, I think it's gone now. It had some really good info. JD makes some good bows. He used to post on here pretty often, but haven't seen him around in awhile.
Smoky Mountains, NC

NeolithicHillbilly@gmail.com

Progress might have been all right once but it's gone on for far too long.

Offline Easternarcher

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2009, 08:05:56 pm »
Joe Don had one of those MSN sites with some build-alongs on it, I think it's gone now. It had some really good info. JD makes some good bows. He used to post on here pretty often, but haven't seen him around in awhile.
By Joe! I think that's the guy....made some really great looking BBO's etc. If it's the same guy I remember he had a special technique to apply stain on the boo backing. Looked like fiddle back when done. IDs that the guy??? ::)

Offline Timo

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2009, 08:25:02 pm »
Joe Don Jones.Makes great bbo's and an even greater selfbow.JD had some personal problems last year and has kinda fell off for a while.He's always at Ojam, and most usually at Mojam. Can't find his web page anymore.

Offline Badger

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2018, 05:56:14 pm »
  Old thread here but I hear he is back to making bows. " Pinnacle bows"
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 06:16:44 pm by Badger »

Offline Bob Barnes

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2018, 12:02:41 pm »
yep...JD started a new site yesterday with 3 styles of osage selfbows on it...he is an outstanding bowyer.  I did have quite a bit of trouble getting on the site on and off yesterday, but I'm sure the bugs will get worked out soon.  It is awesome to see JD making bows again and anyone looking for the best selfbow they can buy...he can make it.   :BB
I just checked his new page again...had trouble getting it to open...but he must be working on it as he has added his BBO Phenom D/R longbow...it has always been my go to BBO when I hit a 3D shoot or club hunt.
He has sent me the complete build-a-long for his static recurve BBO and will post it under build-a-longs if it's possible.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 09:49:55 pm by Bob Barnes »
Seems like common sense isn't very common any more...

Offline stuckinthemud

• avenue woodcarving
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2018, 02:45:25 pm »
I was on the site earlier, just long enough to follow it, but the site is back down again so I think it might be still under construction.

Offline bodark

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2018, 08:16:28 pm »
Hello guys, this is JD Jones. Its great to be back among fellow Bowmakers. Yes the Horseapple bow page was deleted by MSN , good news is I have the tutorial saved and would be happy to post it or let the admin add it to the build along page. I'll wait and see what is the best choice. Again it's great to be back among friends.

JD